Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal of this build is to get a industrial, robust & durable look where 'quality' components matter. It will be a long process build, depending on next-gen GPU's from NV. I also like subtle things, u will see some minor tweaks in my build. This case is a two-tone mix of gunmetal and black in a reverse mobo orientation.

All screws are 6-32 (Imperial) size threads which means M3 (Metric) should be avoided.

All of my screws are replaced with the ones caselabs provided. I wanted to use dome nuts on the end of each screw and I'm not a fan of philips screws (its not classy and they are common). Besides black screws are no go, I like stainless steel since I'm going industrial!

All clipping screws were replaced with 'hexagon head set screws' I hated those front clipping screws, which had failing green stickers on top of them to stop scratching the cover plate. But the screws DID leave scratches, they are too big/high. The replaced ones have a smaller head and leave a gap between all (front, doors, top) cover plates.
I've used 4x 'Bottom Accessory Mounts' to cover the front PSU holes from outside.

This picture shows the holes I made with a 4mm standard drill. This way avoids screwing through the second plate, which should fix wobbling.
Here u see 4x 'Fan hole cover plates' inside the PSU chamber. I enlarged the holes with a 4mm drill standard. This was necessary to fit the 4x 'Bottom Accessory Mounts' screws through these holes and tighten them with dome nuts.
4x 'Bottom Accessory Mounts' or in my case it should be called a 'Front accessory cover plate'

Here I took of my '140.3 Flex-Bay Mount' to ready my fans and filters.

From left to right: 140mm Noctua Redux 3-pin fan, 140mm Silverstone ultra fine magnetic filter, 140mm fan hole cover plate (Hex Mesh)

Some nuts and washers to mount the fan screws with it.

Aquacomputer aquaero 6 PRO with a replaced black faceplate.

Aquacomputer Passive heat sink. I think I'm going to get a black one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Rads are all covered up with 120mm Quad (120.4) and 120mm Double (120.4) plates (MAC-209). Why? To have one fan blow air in and the other out. This will prevent air reaching the main chamber (to prevent dust) especially annoying with bottom case rads who suck dust from the floor.

Aquacomputer Aqualis D5 Pump with Res. mounted on a Reservoir Plate (MAC-517)

6-32 1.1/2 inch slot pan head screws, used to mount fans into the MAC-376 Fan Mount (120mm x 38mm)

inside view of the MAC-376 Fan Mount (120mm x 38mm) which is mounted on top of MAC-298 (120mm Fan Hole Cover Plate - Hex Mesh)

Each MAC-298 (120mm Fan Hole Cover Plate - Hex Mesh) has a SilverStone (SST-FF123) filter beneath it

10-32 inch dome nuts to cover up the ends of the 4 Caster/wheel screws

As above, so below (symmetric)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts