Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deceide I would do a build log for this. I will be using most of my current hardware I have in my sig with some new toys I couldnt resist getting.
biggrin.gif

Case : Silverstone TJ07 - silver version
MB: Asrock Z77 OC Formula
Proc: I7 3770k
Ram: 16 GB Geil EVO Corso 2133mhz
Gpus: Zotac gtx 680 4gb- sli
Psu: Silverstone strider 1200w
and some more stuff...

Watercooling

Watercool Heatkiller 3.0- White version
Heatkiller gtx 680 copper blocks with back plates
Pump still undecided ( either D5 vario with BP mod kit or dual mcp 355's)
Monstra 240 and 480 rads ( possible Black ice gt stealth 240 too)
May try copper piping powder coated

Case stuff:

I got alot of things coming from cold zero

Side and top grills
MB tray and back plate
Psu plate
Frant plate
Bay plate
some other stuff..

All there stuff is made from black plexi. My plan is once I get it I will be making cad files for each and later on down the road remaking everything from aluminum.
I also will be doing all the powdercoating myself.

Build Progress:

Modding
Powder and paint
The Build
Copper Work
Tubing and Leak Test
Cabling and Completed Pics
Final Pics

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heres what I got so far:

Plan to have the outside of the case Gloss white with the inside mostly matte black, some touches of matte white hear and there.

Case pics

FedEx left me goodies
biggrin.gif

Rad fitting: They fit, barely, but I can make it work.I will have both rads painted white in the end, just didnt have time to do it yet.

After getting them both in I foung that useing both the phobia rad stands wont work (way to tight), and that even using one is still tight, do-able but tight. So I am thinking I am going to fab up a plate and use 3mm tape to lift and secure the rads. Without the brackets I have 1mm of play so I dont think the rad will be going anywhere.

Also got bored today so I thought I would try something out. I have a idea of where and how Ill use it, hopefully it works. These are just ruff idea pics

Let me know what you think, this one may take a little time but I'm in no rush and want to make it look as nice as possible!

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,390 Posts
In, lol. I love me some TJ07 builds.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrik View Post

Subbed! Love what you are going to do with the TJ07
what are the color theme?
Going to be White and black. May throw in some yellow to match the mb but unsure of that yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

In, lol. I love me some TJ07 builds.
You love TJ07 Builds
thinking.gif
wonder why lol, seeing your build has giving me alot of ideas.
biggrin.gif

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtryder_9 View Post

Going to be White and black. May throw in some yellow to match the mb but unsure of that yet.
You love TJ07 Builds
thinking.gif
wonder why lol, seeing your build has giving me alot of ideas.
biggrin.gif
lol. That's what we're all here for, that's the whole point of doing build logs.
smile.gif

Those are some crazy thick rads, love it. I presume the pump is going to be going up top?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
this looks great so far! subbed for sure
thumb.gif

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,223 Posts
Subbed!
thumb.gif

You've got some great plans for this build, to go along with those parts. That window mod will be awesome!
It will be tough to get those Monstas stuffed in, but worth the effort. Love the white paint! So you're going to use the ColdZero parts for patterns for aluminum pieces?
Wow! That's going to give deafboy some competition!
biggrin.gif

It's going to be fun to see this. I've got several ColdZero parts and some from ChilledPC to fit on mine, but they won't be getting replaced by custom aluminum plates anytime soon, that's far beyond my modding skills!

You do your own powdercoating? I can't even find a decent shop to do mine, I may just wind up spray painting the remaining silver pieces.
Your black and white color scheme will look great together.

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

Subbed!
thumb.gif

You've got some great plans for this build, to go along with those parts. That window mod will be awesome!
It will be tough to get those Monstas stuffed in, but worth the effort. Love the white paint! So you're going to use the ColdZero parts for patterns for aluminum pieces?
biggrin.gif

It's going to be fun to see this. I've got several ColdZero parts and some from ChilledPC to fit on mine, but they won't be getting replaced by custom aluminum plates anytime soon, that's far beyond my modding skills!
You do your own powdercoating? I can't even find a decent shop to do mine, I may just wind up spray painting the remaining silver pieces.
lol. I concede now, lol. Hard to compete, I like where this is going.

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,223 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Subbed!
thumb.gif

biggrin.gif

lol. I concede now, lol. Hard to compete, I like where this is going.
So do I, it's not really competition, just another great TJ build.
But you guys and your custom-made aluminum plates and copper tubing, man, that's a tough act to follow!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

lol. That's what we're all here for, that's the whole point of doing build logs.
smile.gif

Those are some crazy thick rads, love it. I presume the pump is going to be going up top?
If I go with the D5 I may have it mounted just behind the bay cage since its got the black chrome BP mod kit to look fancy, but if I go dual 355's they will go in the drive bays and be hidden. I'm just not sure I will be able to get the flow with the D5 but thats for a later date.

Quote:

Subbed!
thumb.gif

biggrin.gif

Ya I plan on eventually replacing the coldzero parts with aluminum, but dont know when Ill get a chance to get time on the waterjet ( cousin runs a shop about 4hrs away and I go there 2-3 times a year) so it may be a while. Ill probably use the parts to finish the build and then change them later on.
And yes I do my own powder coating. I have a dual stack oven in the garage and for larger items I run down to my shop were I converted a dual oven into one large oven to fit rims, tractor/auto parts and now comp cases
biggrin.gif
. I have to many hobbies!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Quote:

Thats what I've been wondering
tongue.gif
your MB color might be troublesome, why not stick with your current mobo? it goes well with other parts at least other than lil bit of the gold coloring on heatsink
and spend more on better dual d5 pump rather dan dual ddc?
I myself will be using dual ddc, but i heard dual d5 is unbeatable. just in case the pump died you still have extra to protect all those expensive GPU and CPU , at least thats what Im afraid of
frown.gif

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,390 Posts
Quote:

So do I, it's not really competition, just another great TJ build.
But you guys and your custom-made aluminum plates and copper tubing, man, that's a tough act to follow!
biggrin.gif
All TJ07 builds FTW, lol.
Quote:

If I go with the D5 I may have it mounted just behind the bay cage since its got the black chrome BP mod kit to look fancy, but if I go dual 355's they will go in the drive bays and be hidden. I'm just not sure I will be able to get the flow with the D5 but thats for a later date.
Ya I plan on eventually replacing the coldzero parts with aluminum, but dont know when Ill get a chance to get time on the waterjet ( cousin runs a shop about 4hrs away and I go there 2-3 times a year) so it may be a while. Ill probably use the parts to finish the build and then change them later on.
And yes I do my own powder coating. I have a dual stack oven in the garage and for larger items I run down to my shop were I converted a dual oven into one large oven to fit rims, tractor/auto parts and now comp cases
biggrin.gif
. I have to many hobbies!
I wish I had access to a waterjet, OMG would things be easier, lol, not to mention being able to do your own powder coating.

Jealous
drool.gif

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,390 Posts
Quote:

tongue.gif
your MB color might be troublesome, why not stick with your current mobo? it goes well with other parts at least other than lil bit of the gold coloring on heatsink
I myself will be using dual ddc, but i heard dual d5 is unbeatable. just in case the pump died you still have extra to protect all those expensive GPU and CPU , at least thats what Im afraid of
frown.gif
lol...certainly not unbeatable but they are quite nice. Not super great for super restrictive loops though.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

tongue.gif
frown.gif
Current mobo runs great, but i benched the new mobo and got my 3770k from 4.7 to 4.9. Not a huge gain but the formula seems to be a little bit more of a stable board. Voltage control, tunning, everything just felt smoother. And for the pumps I have the D5 and 3 355's with tops already. I also got the dual 355 top, and I think I would be pushing it with the single D5 and dont really want to have to get a second as they take up alot of space.
Quote:

All TJ07 builds FTW, lol.
I wish I had access to a waterjet, OMG would things be easier, lol, not to mention being able to do your own powder coating.
Jealous
drool.gif
It does make things easy. Need powdercoat, walk 50ft and start spraying. The wife doesnt like it as her cars gotta stay outside due to the oven

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jeesh all you guys and your super TJ07 builds. Love my TJ07 but I feel so sad it will never be as beautiful as the ones you two have assembled. In either case subbed for ideas in my build
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Modding

Well started doing a couple little things since I'm still waiting on a big shipment for most of the parts. Heres todays work, still got to do some more sanding and fileing but due to a mis-hap ( WIFES FAULT ), I ended the day early.

Had to cut phobya 240 and 480 brackets for the plugs on the rads and to fit in the case properly

Cut the USB 3.0 Bracket to make some room for routing tubes/wires

Cut the mid plate in the front under the bay cage, in the back of the motherboard slide to route wires, and where my gpu tubing will go thru the floor to the rads

And the wifes fault. NOTE TO SELF- DONT USE POWER TOOLS WHEN WIFES AROUND. She tripped on the extension cord causing the grinder to take a nice chunk out of my wrist. Guess its a good time to tell her about the $500 ram and fittings I purchased last night
biggrin.gif

Drilled holes in the case floor to mount the rad stands

And some pics of it put together to get a idea of what to do next.

Also got my coldzero top and side grills. Very nice, and I really like the matte black finish. Only got the top put on to see how it would look.

Hopefully Ill get some more done this week and begin powder coating by this weekend.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looking awful nice, and kinda sad I didn't order top and side grills now. Oh well my ColdZero midplate, MB tray and extension and my backplate just shipped from them today! So excited.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamrushpntball View Post

Looking awful nice, and kinda sad I didn't order top and side grills now. Oh well my ColdZero midplate, MB tray and extension and my backplate just shipped from them today! So excited.
Ya mine shipped yesterday, mb tray and ext, backplate, bay plate, light box, side bay plates, front plate, and psu plate ( although I probably wont use it since I have to make my own for the psu to be able to fit ). At first I was sceptical of the plexi but the matte black finish is exactly what I wanted. I think I pretty much ordered most of the things they had available.
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 161 Posts