·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lambruh_zps343b9901.png

Greetings community,

I would like to start off this thread with a warm welcome
biggrin.gif

My name is Brandon, and I'm currently attending a little local CC and planning to transfer next year to acquire my bachelors in computer engineering.

To keep things short, today I have for you is the beginning of a new build inspired by many creative/colorful builds found at our own very home, OC.NET ( and to the girlfriend for inspiring and gifting me the corsair 250D). This build is actually my third build. I started my pc building at the age of 14 ( i had to save lots of birthday money/allowances/yard work), and my second build was about 2 years ago (which I introduced myself to water wink.gif ). With that said, I do have a better understanding how everything works. Especially with water. So for this build, I'll be trying to cram everything (transferring a few things from my sig rig) into this tiny little Corsair 250D. Keep in mind I'm still in college so expect very SLOW progress. But in the end, expect something in what my eyes see as "wow" lol (I hope it'll wow you guys as well).

My Inspiration

I was going to go with a simple white theme, but I wanted to up the ante and go hard on the paint. This isn't my dream car, but I was intrigued by the color scheme and pattern used to make this lambo pop. Its not to flashy and not overly done. That's my goal for this build.

I do plan to repaint the case, as well as make mediocre modifications (making a custom window, adding a few mods here and there, etc.).

List of components

CASE : CORSAIR 250D ( I would LOVE TO THANK MY GF for this wonder gift)
Motherboard : ASUS VII Impact 1150
Processor : Intel i7 4790k
Mémory : Crucial Tracer Ballistix (2x4) 8GB 1866mhz (plan to change)
Video Card : EVGA GTX 970 FTW
SSD : Samsung 830 64GB
Hard drive: WD 2TB Black 7200RPM
Power Supply : Corsair 860i ( I had to ditch my XFX 1000W platinum
frown.gif
7.5" ~180mm is to long for what I was going to do).

WC components
Swiftech MCP655-B
Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 100 - Limited White POM Edition ( On the Way)
3 x Monsoon Chain Gun Hardline Compression Fittings, 3/8" x 1/2" 4 Pack - White
Monsoon Hardline
Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS XFLOW Ultra Stealth Cross-Flow Low Profile Radiator
Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS Ultra Stealth U-Flow Low Profile Radiator
3 x Corsair SP120
XSPC waterblock (plan to change)
EK-D5 X-TOP CSQ - Plexi (on the way)
Bitfenix Recon Fan controller (contemplating)
EKWB GTX 970 FTW (ETA Early Jan 2015 according to the CS I've been contacting)

Those are all the parts for now. Although the list may change over time.

Anyways, I don't expect many to follow as I'm still a beginner/amateur, but til then I'll post updates as I go. I hope you guys enjoy my log
thumb.gif

Thank you OCN for the inspiration!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Build Log

Mobo came in
thumb.gif

Did a final coat prior to sanding
thumb.gif

This little guy came in
thumb.gif

Got the vinyl in today and spent 3-4 hours of work ( first time using vinyl)

Turned to find out my XFX 1000 Platinum is causing clearance issues to my future plans within this little compartment
Started to get my camo going and make my patterns

Here's an idea how it's going to look
tongue.gif
. I have to do some final touch ups, coating, sanding, and polishing. I'll try to get better pictures up, but this is a "teaser". (Disregard the mess
tongue.gif
, i have so much boxes from shipping and whatnot)
More stuff came in today
thumb.gif
(excuse the camera, i really need a better one lol)

Today I got my stuff in an Axe box, last time was a pamper box lol

Not really digging the frost look, though I did find a thread on how-to clear this up
thumb.gif
Won't have time to do that this weekend but those pictures will come up when I do.

Got some headphones to go with his build
tongue.gif

I didn't have a flat piece of glass laying around so I used the coat mirror off the wall lol. The mirror did end up getting very messy with all the plexi dust it left behind.

I used a nibbler to make my 120mm fan/radiator hole. I was to cheap to buy myself a 3 1/4" hole saw and didn't have the correct drill to use one. So I used this little guy. Overall, I was pleased but resulted my hand in blisters lol

On the left is the polished, and the right is the original frosted color

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Ill follow this. Looking good so far

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice. Sub!

I'm currently rebuilding a watercool 250d too but maybe will make buildlog once I complete it as currently that's my only pc...

Jus wondering how u going to build tis rig as you might encounter into clearance issue such as xflow rad, uflow and d5 pump

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglords View Post

Nice. Sub!

I'm currently rebuilding a watercool 250d too but maybe will make buildlog once I complete it as currently that's my only pc...

Jus wondering how u going to build tis rig as you might encounter into clearance issue such as xflow rad, uflow and d5 pump
So far, I had 3 variations how I wanted to set up the rads. With the bunch of tetris skills I was able to achieve 1 one of them. I think what made it difficult was the choice of reservoir. There was a 120 rad with a built-in res, but it wasn't much of a challenge and I really dig the BP res that I found over at PPC. I'll have a picture of where the rads will sit.
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoskyline View Post

subbed cos i love lamborghini
Nice! "Lambros"
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz766 View Post

Ill follow this. Looking good so far
Thanks!! I'll try to keep you guys entertained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post

Sounds great.... watching.
thumb.gif

side note... lot of PSU for such a small build. Got a good Corsair rebate?
Yeah, the power supply was a bit overkill, but I had clearance issues with the length of the PSU. And unfortunately no, I did not get a Corsair rebate
frown.gif
. Is there a rebate form floating around? I purchased the 860i last week.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I got my stuff in an Axe box, last time was a pamper box lol

Not really digging the frost look, though I did find a thread on how-to clear this up
thumb.gif
Won't have time to do that this weekend but those pictures will come up when I do.

Just waiting on one more color to come in and I'll start working on sleeving the wires
thumb.gif

Got some headphones to go with his build
tongue.gif

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey dejahboi.

Nice build. Cant wait for to see how it all turns out. Anyhow, i saw that you are using the black ice nemesis 240 x flow. Have you try fitting them and whether the ports on the 240rad blocks the 120rad?
-wz

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeiZhong View Post

Hey dejahboi.

Nice build. Cant wait for to see how it all turns out. Anyhow, i saw that you are using the black ice nemesis 240 x flow. Have you try fitting them and whether the ports on the 240rad blocks the 120rad?
-wz
Yes I have
thumb.gif
. And with the way I'm going to configure my rads in my build won't have a problem at all. But say if you wanted to use the existing front 120mm fan port. You'll have plenty or room for both rads. After that, only other thing you'll have to consider then is what pump you'll be using and reservoir. During the build, I ordered mostly everything and forgot to consider a few things when I was measuring (i.e fittings add more length and forgot to add some extra headroom for bending hardline).

Just to confirm with those looking to WC in the future. If you want a RAD inside the case, try to stay at thickness of 30mm or less. The Corsair SP120s and the rad sits flush against the daughter board.

Keep in mind that this photo was posted for those planning to WC in the future
thumb.gif
I have plans to do something to these rads
tongue.gif

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice layout. Didn't tok of putting 120 rad flat and I could have bought 2 xflow rad and mount ddc pump on top of e fan to cool then pump.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglords View Post

Nice layout. Didn't tok of putting 120 rad flat and I could have bought 2 xflow rad and mount ddc pump on top of e fan to cool then pump.
Thanks, I spent a few weeks measuring and contemplating how I was going configure all my current WC along with new. Overall, I'm please how its turning out. But I'm not quite near finished. I have several ideas that I have I'll surprise the community.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
112 Posts
actually i tried ur method. really making 250d look v spacious.
good if u bought the ek pump/res combo w/ holder and a smaller size psu so it wont hit radiator
u can compare urs to mine buildlog - good planner vs guy trying with luck

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, i bought a new PSU to have the radiator fit. My XFX plat was to long lol.

I was going to buy a res/pump combo, but I wanted to do something different and work something out to make things fit. I already have my plans thought out, just need to order a few more things and make final measurements and install
thumb.gif

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: Oh wow it's been awhile since I posted anything. Anyways, the semester has started as well as work. I was able to get some work in this past weekend. I'd like to thank the local Glass shops for providing me some of the materials as well as making a few adjustments to my measurements.
thumb.gif
(Though I did mess up while fitting the pump in the acrylic. Sorry I haven't been up-to-date with the build. Anyways, more to come!

I had to come out with something to get this center piece off lol

After spending a good 2-2 1/2 hours of filing and figuring out how I was going to do this...It was working pretty well.

Pictures do look bad and I'm using my phone to take these horrid pictures lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejahboi View Post

Update: Finished sleeving a 24-pin extension.
thumb.gif

Now to finish the rest of the sleeving.

More things coming in next week; I also go my WB from EKWB. I'll have to post pics of it within a week or so..
Looking good!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, I had most of spring break to work on this project. I should have all the things to actually complete this build. Its just a matter of time to have everything fitted and adjusted to make the loop pristine (and no leaks of course). I have everything dry fitted to see if things are going to plan and I plan to repaint the case since the chassis got scratched in the process of seeing where things go..anyways. Hope you guys enjoy my build
thumb.gif

This was actually a pain in the butt to do lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts