Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Moved here June 2011. Downtown madison is awesome. We'll have to do a lan party some time
tongue.gif
I've never really been to Madiosn except from when I was younger. And for sure!
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'm glad I went with it over the other ones. It's simple and not flashy at all which is what I like. I re-read some reviews because I heard some say the Komodo doesn't cool as well as others (7970) and it was actually below some other blocks by like 2C so...whatever lol. The glow of the Swiftech logo just adds that little extra to it.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So some things I'm planning on doing.

Adding northbridge/mosfet block
Adding led lights under the motherboard for a soft glow

..and when I add the new blocks, I'm going to have Snake Eyes come in and destroy it all and maybe some epic battle between Leatherneck and Snake Eyes haha

·
Terrible at everything
1,155 Posts
Dude, love the action figure pictures. I nearly fell out of my desk chair laughing! Mainly because I used to have those action figures! Had close to 10 of em... But I grew up and found fireworks... They had an "explosive" end!
biggrin.gif
Love the build! Subbed.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrere View Post

Dude, love the action figure pictures. I nearly fell out of my desk chair laughing! Mainly because I used to have those action figures! Had close to 10 of em... But I grew up and found fireworks... They had an "explosive" end!
biggrin.gif
Love the build! Subbed.
haha glad you enjoyed it
biggrin.gif
and thanks!!

I would like to give a shout out to NZXT's customer service!! I emailed them last week inquiring about the fan hub on the back of the Switch 810. I couldn't find ANYONE who made or sold a hub that loaded from the side, and the Switch 810 had the only one I ever saw. Well I ran out of spots to plug my fans in (12 fans running) and had sent them an email asking how much it would cost to buy an extra one from them and how much shipping would be. They asked for my address, I assumed they were going to just look up shipping costs. Didn't hear anything all day but the next morning I got an email from NZXT that they packaged up TWO of them for me, and covered shipping costs!!

Also the package got delivered wrong and all this other yadda yadda and my rep that I had been talking to for a week had personally called Fed Ex himself and gotten everything straightened out and got the package the next day
biggrin.gif
I have had good times with customer service. What I haven't had, was something like what NZXT did. They don't talk to you with a few words and like a robot. They'll talk to you like you're their buddy which I thought was fantastic.

Def an NZXT customer for many years to come after that.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Subbed great thread
thumb.gif
I love that komodo
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

Subbed great thread
thumb.gif
I love that komodo
biggrin.gif
Performance wise, I probably would have had more love for the aquacomputer block I wanted but it wasn't going to be available until August so screw that. This block is just sleek and sexy as hell and the included backplate was a nice addition considering it's a more expensive block.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Quote:

Performance wise, I probably would have had more love for the aquacomputer block I wanted but it wasn't going to be available until August so screw that. This block is just sleek and sexy as hell and the included backplate was a nice addition considering it's a more expensive block.
I prefer ek for gpu waterblocks. They cool better the vrms so you increase a bit your oc potential. Also they have great flow if you use multi gpu's
biggrin.gif

·
Terrible at everything
1,155 Posts
Quote:

Well I pushed my CPU to 5.2GHz, stable, then....fried my motherboard.

So now....ordered the 990FXA-UD5 haha.
Sorry bout the fried motherboard, but it just gave you an excuse to buy the newer, better version.
biggrin.gif

·
Terrible at everything
1,155 Posts
Quote:

I got it for 80 bucks on here so I got my money's worth lol. Wrong thinking though but hey, it's so computer, anytime is the wrong
As long as you feel you got your money's worth you should be happy.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiky View Post

Any updates on this build?
Sorry man, didn't; know you posted haha. Really isn't much more to add other than what I posted above with having to replace the board because I fried the UD3 lol. It's been running great since. Was there anything specifically you wanted to know?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts