Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be my first try at building a case or maybe desk modding? Been looking at some of the builds and figured it was about time i tried a build myself.
The plan is to mod the existing Z-Line Designs Delano L-Desk or at least part of it. So my first try is gonna be the wife computer which is basically 1/2 the desk. hehe.

Mostly existing parts, with recently added water cooling. Originally in a Coolermaster HAF922 Case.

Existing Parts:
Rampage II Extreme
I7 980X
Corsair 950w
XFX 7970 (Non Ref)
OCZ Vertex 80GB
WD Green 2TB

Noctua NF-P12
Noctua NF-A14
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
XSPC AX240
EK XTC140
XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir
Swiftech MCP655
XSPC Raystorm GPU block
Enzotech Heatsink

New parts:
Bitfenix recon
Noctura NF-R8
Corsair SP120
RGB Strip lighting with wireless remote
Logisys CLK12UV2 Dual UV Cold Cathode Kit 12IN 3.0MM
Monsoon Hardline Tubes (Clear)
Monsoon Hardline Fittings
Bitspower D5 pump top
Apex SK-393-C Mid Tower ATX Case

Everything was planned and drawn to scale on Google Sketch. Ver1 was a little big and the chair arm rest wouldn't be able to slide under. Ver2 was modded to allow a bit more leg room. Decided to build on Ver3, figured only need 1 duel bay.

Built with scrap plywood i had laying around. Would of loved to make this out of sheet metal but neither have the skills or the tools to do so.

Smooth out the wood so to hide imperfections in the wood.

It was cheaper to buy a case and take it apart than to buy a motherboard tray.

Mounted on the Legs

Molded the fan controller into the front.

Clear Uv Spray

Some RGB Lighting

Well, that's it for now... Its pretty much at a full stop for a week or so since when i bought my acrylic tubes and bending kit, they forgot to pack the silicone tube.

Let me know what you guys think. What improvements can I make? This is only the first build, there will be another one coming after this one is completed (My desk, lol)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Silicone tube finally got here.

Start and reset buttons installed

First bend attempt went pretty well i think.

The discoloration of the heat sinks (VRM) is what happens when you don't actively cool your heat sinks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its all connected, and now leak testing. debating if i need more UV lights. But here are some pics

All coming together.

Added the front panel from the Apex case with a slight mod, removed one of the USB and replaced it with the switch to the UV light.

totally messed up on the SATA cables, forgot to write down what goes where.

Quick disonnect to drain when needed.

RGB light with UV light.

UV light only.

Next step, ordering some sleeving and plugs to see if i can clean up the all these wires blocking my lights and fan to the GPU heatsinks.

·
The Cooling Guy
283 Posts
Looks good
thumb.gif

But tell me you did not use the "Prestone" as a coolant base rite? As it will "eat" your acrylic tubing (turn them white) as well as the pump seals.

·
The Cooling Guy
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell167 View Post

Mayhems x1 concentrate
Ah ok- GOOD.
You never know when you see a bottle in the build pics lol We've scene this WAY too many times here
wink.gif

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually you would think it be distracting but it really isn't. It actually makes the eyes less tired from staring at the screen for some reason. Guess it worked kinda like the accent lighting ppl have behind TVs. Right now what I do find distracting is that diablo expansion came out and sleeving has come to a stop cuz the wife won't get off the comp.

But here are some more pictures of how sleeving is coming along.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.