Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome to the EK-Posure build log!

I've jumped back and forth between ITX and ATX builds over the past couple of years and it's about that time to switch things up again. I've always had an interest in tackling a water cooled test bench build, so when Microcenter had a random Lian Li PC-T60 test bench sitting on the shelves I took it as a sign. As this is the first build log I'll be publishing, I'm not sure what should be expected for content/updates, but I'll post as much as I can to keep everyone in the loop as to what's going on. Thanks for stopping by!

Case: Lian Li PC-T60 Test Bench
CPU: Intel i7-5820k
Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus
RAM: G.Skill Value 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2400mHz DDR4
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti SC
PSU: Corsair AX760i
SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB
SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB
Fan Controller: TBD

Cooling Components

CPU: EK-Supremacy EVO X99 - Nickel
GPU: EK Thermosphere Nickel/Plexi Updated
Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 - Plexi
Reservoir: EK-RES X3 150
Radiator: Watercool MO-RA3 9x140 Pro
Fans: Noiseblocker BlackNoise PK-3 x 9
Fittings: EK-ACF 10/13mm Compression Fittings - Nickel

This is basically the final list for components that I'll be using in this build. As always, this is subject to change, but seeing as I'm only freelancing at the moment the budget won't allow much deviation. I have everything in my possession currently, so it's just a matter of modding and completing the build. Easy, right?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, just as I was picking up steam on the project I came down with a little common cold. The good news is that I've sourced an Aquaero 5 LT and Aquacomputer D5 pump, so the component list is pretty much complete!

Tomorrow, if I'm feeling better, I plan on drilling the pass through holes for fittings and cables into the motherboard tray, followed by mounting the reservoir and pump to the underside.

Pics soon, I promise!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, so I woke up feeling much better and after looking at the mess I left on the dining room table I was determined to make some progress. I spent most of the day finishing the sleeving job I had started earlier in the week. The only cables I wasn't able to finish are the 8+6 pin GPU cables and this is mostly due to the cable pass through holes not yet being finished.

Here's a quick shot of the mess:

I think I'll be disassembling the hard drive bay and paint it black to match the PSU. I think this will add some color balance as well.

After I finished up sleeving, I was able to get some drilling done:

The fitting pass through holes were drilled, while the cable pass through holes were started. The last pair I drilled were misaligned unfortunately, so there will be a bit of evening out to do tomorrow when I begin the Dremel work. Fortunately, this let me plan the tubing runs for the motherboard.

I have plenty of MDPC SATA sleeving, which works perfectly for tubing I'm using (10/13mm), so I'm thinking of sleeving the rest of the tubing with it. I'll probably do the motherboard runs first and see how it looks.

Tomorrow's goals are to finish the cable pass through holes and mount the reservoir and pump under the motherboard tray.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whew, it's been a while since I've been able to hop back onto this build. A combination of waiting for parts and painting along with traveling for 2 bachelor parties meant I had zero time to invest in this. Thankfully, nothing is on my calendar for the next couple of weeks and I "should" be able to finish this up in the next week or so.

Firstly, I was able to mount the pump and res. to the underside of the motherboard tray, since I got it back from being painted on Monday. Tubing and cables were trimmed and sleeved so I should be done with everything on the underside. The only disappointing thing I've encountered so far is the inability to place my Aquacomputer pump due to the cables being blocked by the outside frame of the case. I wanted one anyways, so I'll hold it until I work on a scratch build I'm planning that will replace this concept.

I was also able to find a good deal on a little Auquaero 5 LT and mount the little guy to the back of the case. It could look a little more "incorporated", but It'll be out of view and do its job nicely. Again, I'm designing this part of the build into the next one with a little more consideration.

Finally, I get to start the wonderful task of daisychaining all of these beautiful fans together! I was able to sleeve all the fans individually and replace the stickers with all black vinyl cutouts, though they won't be seen, so at least that's done. I can look at this thing all day, though, and can't wait to see what it can do in regards to cooling!

Next up will be to finish the assembly of the case and components, finish connecting all the fans to the Aquaero, and fill 'er up! I'm sure I'm forgetting to add something, but hopefully I'll be back with more pictures tomorrow!

Thanks for looking
thumb.gif

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sleeved tubing ftw.
Your Big Lian Li build was my inspiration for this project. I got it up and running, but never finished documenting it and ended up moving on shortly after. The MO-RA and test bench took up a little too much room on my desk. I still haven't been able to part with that radiator, though. I keep telling myself I'll come back to it one day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts