Overclock.net banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pump Mount

I have a EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 Serial pump head. It came with a 120mm fan mounting option ... but I wanted a little bit more flexibility regarding exactly where I located my pump. So, I picked up two Bitspower Universal Water Tank Mount for 120mm Radiator, Black. I have attached the bumpy legs (you'll have to look at a picture) to the long edge of the bottom radiator. The cross bars are free to slide up and down ... and it is those cross bars that will hold my pump. I will have complete freedom regarding where to (finally) locate the pumps. Well ... within a 240mm radiator footprint. I am just waiting on some anti-vibration stand offs (Saturday) to install the pump.

I have been playing around with the outlet side of the pump ... and I think I have something that I am reasonably happy with. It could change once I install the front rad and res ... parts for the res should come Friday ... so I should either have a good handle on this by Sunday ... or it has all gone pear shape.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir Construction

Who would have thought that you could turn this ...

First off, test all the tension rods. I had one that wouldn't take a screw and I had to send all of them back. Insert the tension rods into the middle component (if you decided that you want a middle component ... MMRS has tons and tons of options).

This reservoir will have a 50mm top section and a 150mm bottom section. It will feed water to the pump from the bottom and the return will come in the middle component. The fill port is on the top of the reservoir.

[/img]

Enter the longer tension rods ...

[/img]

And now it starts to get tricky. I have a Reactor Core 150mm white section. You need to ensure that the reactor portion (ie non-frosted areas) line up nicely with the tension rods. You also need to ensure that the components with the reservoir supports and / or the tube ports. There are videos where people have not appreciated this and have to strip the res down and (almost) start again.

[/img]

Tighten the end cap carefully, using the same approach as when you tighten the lug nuts on a care wheel.

[/img]

Just need to hang this off the front rad. And a few other things :).

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am looking for some feedback.

I cut a hole in the top of my case. This is where the Top Cap Fill Port goes.

The metal won't be white (as shown in the pictures), it will be black. But round or square?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts