Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I would like to say that this will be a slow build log as I am in the process of moving to a new home and building a PC during that would be troublesome.
I still need to get another few parts and am in serious need of a fabricator for my acrylic work I want done because I do not have the tools or place to do it as I am living in an apartment.
Honestly the system will likely get put together and the custom work will have to come at a later time as I have nowhere to begin with that.

The build was originally designed for a Parvum case but after 6 months of waiting, a shipping error and a few QC issues, I've decided to switch to the Lian Li PC-V3000.

Items in Green are in my possession.
Items in Blue are purchased but still in shipping.
Items in Red have an issue of some sort.
Items in Black are not purchased or are still in the deciding process.

Main Components!

Original Case: Parvum Systems L1.0 Silver & Black Issuing a refund!
New Case: Lian Li PC-V3000WX New choice for case, should arrive within a week from today (3/28/2018)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme

GPU: Two ASUS ROG 1080Ti Poseidons + ASUS 4 slot HB Bridge

CPU: Intel Core i9 7940X

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVME

PSU: Thermaltake PS-TPG-1250DPCTUS-T DPS G RGB 1250W (Ultimately chose this for the wattage and 80 Plus Titanium)

PSU and other Cables: Mainly Cablemods See post #57 for a full detailed list.

Cooling System

Fans: In Win Aurora Fan Kit 3-pack X4 11 fans in total.

CPU Block: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock - Acetal+Nickel

Tubing: EKWB 16/12mm PETG Rigid HardTube

Fittings: EKWB Black Nickel, both for soft tube (in the basement) and hard tubing (in the show room). See post #7 and post #57 for parts lists.

Radiators: Two EKWB EK-CoolStream XE 360 (One is leftover from the previous case idea and will likely not be used.) and One EKWB EK-CoolStream XE 480

Reservoir: Watercool HEATKILLER Tube 200 with a long mount and raw aluminum struts

Pump: Aquacomputer D5 Pump Core with Aquabus Interface

Coolant: For now I am going with EK-CryoFuel Clear Concentrate with distilled water Looking at UFO Technologies Cryo-Chillz as a possible change in the future.

Fan Controller: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT (To be installed just behind the window.)

Water Cooling Accessories: Various Aquacomputer components and sensors
Full list of "Water Cooling Acessories" can be found on post #7 and post #57.

Theme

So for the theme I was thinking a neutural color scheme to match the motherboard and graphics cards so Blacks, silver and maybe some white, I also want to do an ROG eye inlay on the front of the case. This was scratched due to the Parvum case no longer being used.
Planning to get some cablemods to match the theme.
I wanted a neutral theme so I could change things up with RGB lighting and not have it clash.

CURRENT STATUS

Radiators are mocked up in the case, now I need to see if I can outsource the acrylic work I need done as I do not have a shop nor the tools to do it myself.
The rest of the fittings are on order and waiting to ship.

Click here for Rigbuilder Page

Here is the latest update picture: Radiators and fans mocked up in the case.

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out I had a couple grand in back pay so I've decided to move along with this build. I just purchased the RAM, PSU and the M.2 SSD from Newegg and should be expecting them within the next few days.
For giggles I also ordered an HTC Vive.

The motherboard is still not in stock so must wait for that a bit longer. And besides my $3000 daily spending limit I am still undecided on the CPU and the case must wait until I hear back from the Parvum folks.

Might pick up some Cable mods but I might want to wait until the case is here so I can get some measurements.

Edit to prevent self bumping: I just ordered the parvum case! Yay excite!

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am starting to think I may have jumped the gun on the PSU, I was drawn in by the good price of a high watt titanium but the GPU's and CPU alone can peak to nearly 1000W if I overclock... I might have to get something else...

Edit to prevent self bump: Just placed a large order from ModMyMods!

• Watercool HEATKILLER® Tube - Stuts 200mm - Raw Aluminum
  • Watercool HEATKILLER® Tube 200 D5
  • Watercool HEATKILLER® Tube - Stand - Long
  • Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Silver Thermal Compound 12-Gram Tube
  • Arctic Silver Arcticlean 60ml Two Part Kit
  • Alphacool AlphaCord Sleeve 4mm - 3,3m (10ft) - Black
  • Alphacool Eisplateau Extreme Super Large Anti-Static Work-Mat Modification and Assembly Surface
  • Barrow 16/12mm PETG Rigid HardTube (500mm) - Clear
  • Aquacomputer Temperature Sensor Internal/External Thread G1/4 for VISION
  • Aquacomputer Flow Sensor 'High Flow' G1/4 for Aquaero, Aquastream XT Ultra and Poweradjust
  • Aquacomputer RGB-LED Lighting Module for Aquaero 5 and 6
  • Aquacomputer Aquaero Internal USB Connection Cable - 100cm
  • Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro / XT Passive Heatsink | Red
  • Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT USB Intelligent Fan Controller with LCD, Touch Control, IR Remote
  • Aquacomputer D5 Pump Core with Aquabus Interface
  • Aquacomputer Plug 3pol. for Relay Output (for Aquaero 5 and 6)
  • ModMyMods 1/4" (6mm) 3:1 Heatshrink Tubing - Black
Looks like I might have a bit of case modding to do since I made the choice to add the fan controller, unless Parvum can whip something up for me. lol

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a few days of thinking I have decided to not go with the Seasonic Power Supply and have requested for a return through Newegg. I will instead be getting the SILVERSTONE SST-ST1300-TI 1300W.
I made this choice as I would be close to peaking 1000W at full load while overclocked and with the 1300W I should be right in the ballpark of 80% to take advantage of the Titanium power rating at full load.

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The RAM arrived today.. Box is a little crinkled though. Honestly, I am not a fan of how G.Skill packaged this stuff. Tiny box just barely large enough to fit all 8 pieces of ram with no outer protection from damage.
Just wish I had the motherboard so I could test it to make sure nothing is wrong..

Edit: After putting together the mock up they seem to be working just fine.

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So i bit the bullet and just pre-ordered the Motherboard and CPU, no idea when I will actually get them but at least they are paid for and should ship as soon as they are in stock.

I chose the 7940X for... idk. lol I want to say future proof but what does one really need 28 threads for?

Still waiting on all of my watercooling supplies from modmymods.com.. I've sent them an email as my order is still processing a week after ordering to see what's going on. I'll update if something fishy is going on as I have never ordered from them before, or hear of them for that matter.

Also no word from Parvum either but from the sound of it, they are very busy.

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post

Out of curiosity, any reason you went with x299 over x399?
Out of habit I suppose, never personally owned any AMD products except for my consoles. May sound dumb but the main thing that sold X299 for me was the EK monoblock. lol

And I've been hearing that X399 is pretty buggy right now, If I were doing this build like 3 months from now I might have considered it.

·
Not so new anymore...
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiltz85 View Post

I chose the 7940X for... idk. lol I want to say future proof but what does one really need 28 threads for?

The only reason that matters. Since you're sharing your build on OCN, if you're gone do it, just over do it. And overkill is not a dirty word.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wheee.gif

and subbed
thumb.gif

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahhhh! I really don't know what to do about the PSU, I need something around 1200 watts or higher and I would love a titanium rated PSU but I don't want to pay close to $500... The Silverstone SST-ST1300-TI seems decent but it does not have a hard switch to power it on and off so filling the loop will be a pain (Though I could just fill the loop with one of my other PSU's..) and CableMod does not make any sleeves for it (yet?).

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckool View Post

How about the corsair Axi series? 1200w or even the 1500w
After viewing some of the reviews on the 1200 axi I do not feel comfortable getting it, it seems like Corsair quality has dropped a bit so I'm not sure if I want to risk it.

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the bulk of my water cooling supplies has arrived! (tubing not in the picture and fittings are not ordered yet until I get my case and figure out the layout.)

Though my aquaero came slightly damaged:

But I was able to easily bend the pins into place, nothing felt truly broken so it should be fine.
thumb.gif

·
Wampa Stompa
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After much waiting my Motherboard and CPU have arrived from B&H!

My only issue is that the motherboard arrived in an open box state, the plastic protective film that should have been on it was missing and there were fingerprints and what looked to be some sort of grease or oil on it.

I contacted customer support asking if it was an open box and they just apologized for the condition it was in and said that it was brand new.

I asked if it was like a review model as some websites like Newegg.com will open it to review then sell as an open box and the person on the other end just broke off the conversation and said something along the lines of, "Thanks for choosing B&H, was there anything else I could help you with?"
I was dumbfounded and just told them I'll just issue a refund if it appears damaged when I install it.

Crazy! Never going through these guys again.

I'll likely do a mock build to make sure everything is working since I am still waiting on the case and PSU.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts