Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I decided to share my build log with you and get some help as much as possible . I have already bought a few parts with has been marked as a "purchased".

List of parts:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K - purchased
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - purchased
GPU: MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr III - purchased
HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue - purchased
SSD: 120GB Samsung 840 PRO - purchased
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500R - purchased
CPU Fan: True Spirit 140mm - purchased
DVD±RW: LG GH24NS95 24x DVD Writer - purchased
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz - purchased
PSU: 650W Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650M - purchased
LCD: Philips 239C4QHSB 23" IPS - purchased

Now the worst part of my build log, questions
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Is there anything I should know before I'll install Windows ?? Any special settings in BIOS for stable performance and SSD ??
Do I need any of the mobo software like "EZ Smart Response" "GIGABYTE EZ" ??

Im gonna order CPU this friday (probably) and I dont know if I should give it a try with this :> Should I ?

Which thermal paste would you recommend, Zalman ZM-STG2 or Arctic Cooling MX-2 ??

What do you think about this - link ? Basically to get more airflow space and remove HDD cages but I dont know if is necessary to have a cooler for HDD/SSD so I'll wait for your opinion or maybe any way to install some cooler on the back of 5.25 :>

Which additional fans would you recommend ? The one included with the case are good enough or should I replace them as well ?
For that many fans I need some fan controller so I was thinking about this one. Do I need 3-pin splitter for all my intakes fans ? As far as I know there is only 3 places on my mobo for fans.

Is it good solution for airflow - http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2814/sdfsfd.png ??

PS: Sorry for my english, Im still working on my grammar
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post

Is there any particular reason why are you getting the WD Green WD10EARX instead of the WD Blue WD10EZEX?
No, I've choose Green just without the reason
smile.gif
Whats the difference between them ? :> Green as a "storage" HDD right ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin85 View Post

smile.gif
The green is 5400 rpm and the blue is 7200 rpm. They're pretty close in price and the blue will just be a decent performance boost for whatever you put on it, even as a storage drive.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Quote:

smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefetonto View Post

The green is 5400 rpm and the blue is 7200 rpm. They're pretty close in price and the blue will just be a decent performance boost for whatever you put on it, even as a storage drive.
^ Yes. Also don't worry about noise, the WD10EZEX perform pretty nicely and is very quiet.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'll go for Blue then
smile.gif
Only few pounds more so not that bad, thanks

what about other stuff which I mention in my first post ?
tongue.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59 View Post

Everything else looks pretty good. You could go down to an i5 if it's a gaming build, the i7's Hyperthreading doesn't provide any benefits in games.
Yes, its a gaming rig but i5 is good enough for multitasking ??

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Quote:

Yes, its a gaming rig but i5 is good enough for multitasking ??
More than enough for anything you'll be doing unless you're a professional video editor, 3D modeler etc.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosty View Post

More than enough for anything you'll be doing unless you're a professional video editor, 3D modeler etc.
thumb.gif
thanks for info, so I'll go for i5 3570K :>
smile.gif

Can anyone answer thoose questions ?
Quote:
Is there anything I should know before I'll install Windows ?? Any special settings in BIOS for stable performance and SSD ??
Do I need any of the mobo software like "EZ Smart Response" "GIGABYTE EZ" ??

Im gonna order CPU this friday (probably) and I dont know if I should give it a try with THIS :> Should I ?

Which thermal paste would you recommend, Zalman ZM-STG2 or Arctic Cooling MX-2 ??

What do you think about this - LINK ? Basically to get more airflow space and remove HDD cages but I dont know if is necessary to have a cooler for HDD/SSD so I'll wait for your opinion or maybe any way to install some cooler on the back of 5.25 :>

Which additional fans would you recommend ? The one included with the case are good enough or should I replace them as well ?
For that many fans I need some fan controller so I was thinking about this one. Do I need 3-pin splitter for all my intakes fans ? As far as I know there is only 3 places on my mobo for fans.

Is it good solution for airflow - http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2814/sdfsfd.png ??

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Stop worrying so much, you're over-complicating things, just buy your parts and put them together, install Windows and play!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue - purchased
SSD: 120GB Samsung 840 PRO - purchased

the expensive part left to buy, GPU
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts