Overclock.net banner
401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gappo View Post

A nice 1080p 144hz panel wouldn't go a miss mate. It's so silky smooth!
I don't play CS:GO Gappo
tongue.gif

Sadly enough none of the games I play get anywhere near the FPS for 144hz to matter to me.

I just priced it out and I can get another 2 of these 1080 monitors I have now for under the price of the 1440 monitor I'm looking at... Eyefinity or not to eyefinity, that is the question.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
I've decided to go with a 1440. I figure if I just get the one 1440 I'll still end up having 3 usable screens for streaming etc, and if I bring my computer anywhere I can just bring that one and be happy. I found the Acer G257HU on NCIX open box for super cheap and couldn't say no to the deal. Hope to have it by the end of the week, as it was bought today as a Birthday present for myself. Happy Birthday me
wheee.gif
whistle.gif

·
13,103 Posts
Custom desk building time :p

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Another big update time!
Ryzen has come and so has my tax return
thumb.gif

-1600X
-16GB TridentZ RGB 2400
-MSI PC Mate AM4 motherboard
are ordered, along with the updated mounting bracket for the cpu block.
biggrin.gif

Since I haven't posted here in about a year here's the most recent pictures of the rig and setup. Got the gf's setup right next to mine with a mini fridge in between
rolleyes.gif

I do have 3 monitors again but haven't snapped a pic yet.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
The chip came in before anything else. Can't wait, although it's probably going to have to be run frankenstyle until the mounting bracket comes in which I'm expecting about 2 weeks for since US/Canada customs likes to hold things for stupidly long.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
401 - 409 of 409 Posts