It's an honor to participate in OCN's MOTM. Please go check out all of the awesome builds and vote on your favorite.
OCN's July 2013 Mod of the Month Thread
Thank you all for participating and thanks to those of you that liked my build enough to vote for me, couldn't have done it without you!
[introduction and plan]
Been a long time coming and now that I finally have the parts I want and somewhat of a plan figured I would
1) share it with you guys
2) get input from you guys since the plan is somewhat loose
3) post since it's been a while since I've done a build log.
The TJ07 has been around for a long time and is certainly showing it's age and I love the case enough but want a refresh. I plan on replacing and modifying 100% of the panels while maintaining the essence of the TJ07. Primary upgrades:
- 8-slot I/O panel to support quad GPUs
- CPU cutout for backplates
- Create better fitting doors and nicer panels
- Upgrade cooling options for support of high Overclocks on modern CPUs and GPUs.
- Keep it a classy, quiet, and high performing machine.
This machine is going to be primarily used for folding, internet, and programming. I game, but only moderately.
The bottom section of the case will house the AX1200i, pump, EX480 and EX120.
Up front will be an EX360, reservoir, and fan controller.
In addition to being heavily watercooled, hard pipe will more than likely be used. Planning to use copper pipe but the finish will be something fairly unique, at least I haven't seen it done yet.
[current parts list]
- Silverstone TJ07
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
- Intel 3930k
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866
- 2x EVGA GTX670 FTW
- ASUS Xonar DX
- Crucial M4 256GB SSD
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB
- Corsair AX1200i
- Dell 3007wfp IPS Monitor
- 2x Dell 2007fp IPS Monitor
- Corsair SP2500
- Sennheiser HD280
- Koolance PMP-500 Water Pump
- EK 250ml Advanced Reservoir
- XSPC Rampage IV Extreme Water Block
- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
- 2x XSPC GTX680 v2 Waterblocks
- XSPC EX480 Radiator
- XSPC EX360 Radiator
- XSPC EX120 Radiator
- Lamptron FC-5V2 Fan Controller
- Scythe S-Flex F 120mm Fans (Until I find something better)
- copper tubing
- push fittings
- a bunch of aluminum sheeting for fabrication
Before I joined OCN I was fairly heavy into cars, although I was into computers before then, wasn't on OCN until later in life. After I joined, the TJ07 was always absolutely gorgeous to me.
Please keep in mind, this case build is BMW INSPIRED, NOT BMW Themed.
[current exterior plan]
This is certainly still undecided and am definitely open to suggestions and ideas.
Unfortunately I won't be able to do any fab work for about a month. Currently down in California for an internship so I am away from all my tools. Just wanted to get this log started since things are going to be ramping up pretty hard come mid September. This way I can fill you guys in with ideas and parts as they come in and as ideas change.
Will be doing reviews for parts used as well.
Last build log:
Silent Night -- Q6600 and Lian Li
Stay tuned.... thanks guys
Please don't give me too much grief for the name
If you can think of names, please say something...I want a new name for this build.