Overclock.net banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysyndrome View Post

Hi Lucky23, love the build...I just purchased a MasterCase Maker 5 and I am planning to SLI 1080's in it watercooled like you. Is there anything you wish you had done differently or improvements you plan to make to your build? This will be my first custom watercooling build. Appreciate any feedback you care to give.
Hello Rysydrome,

Well starting off, I had two defective MSI X99 boards in a row but everything went smoothly after switching to Z170 chipset. So I would say that I wish i would have just started with a Z170

Ordering fittings was kind of a pain. You can draw up your loop on paper but you wont really know if it will work or not (or look right) until you start installing everything in your case. So instead of a 90 going here i needed a 45 or vice versa .

Aside from that everything went together pretty smoothy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Lucky!! I started fitting my parts today...went with Hardware Labs GTS360 in the front but with fans on it the front filter cover will not fit. Compared to the Alphacool ST30 you used I thought the GTS was same thickness so I am a bit baffled by the fitment. I should have just ordered same as you did. smh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like the Mastercase Maker 5 has less depth available behind the front dust filter then the Pro. If I had known there was a difference I would have gone with the cheaper version.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I only ran them at 2000 + RPM when i was benching the system on Realbench or Firestrike.

Usually for gaming, i would keep them around 1600 or lower (depending on the game) but even that got too loud for me.

I ended up swapping out all my fans a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 23 View Post

I only ran them at 2000 + RPM when i was benching the system on Realbench or Firestrike.

Usually for gaming, i would keep them around 1600 or lower (depending on the game) but even that got too loud for me.

I ended up swapping out all my fans a couple weeks ago.
Anyway I like your idea of mounting 360 rad. I'm planning to try HardwareLabs Nemesis GTS 420. Hope it will fit without cutting anything
smile.gif
The only thing I'm not sure is what tubings to use 10/13mm or 12/16mm. What are yours?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Super late to the party, but damn that build looks sweet!

This was the best confirmation that I've seen that a 360mm rad will fit in the front too :) Thanks!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts