Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3137 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project Millennium v.3

Goals
Elegance - Clean lines, minimal tubing
Silence - High quality fans
Performance - Overclocking CPU + GPU

Overview
Welcome OCN, come along as I build a new gaming rig for 2016. Project will put emphasis towards aesthetics and silence with a touch of OC
biggrin.gif

Be on the lookout for special guest appearance from @iBruce
thumb.gif


Main Components
Case - CaseLabs S8S [Received]
Cpu - Intel i7-5960X [Received]
Mainboard - ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 [Received]
Ram - G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz C14 [Received]
Video - EVGA Titan X SC [Received]
SSD - Samsung 512GB 950 Pro [Received]
HDD - Hitachi Deskstar 2TB [Received]
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 [Received]
Sound - Sound Blaster ZxR [Received]
Headphones - AKG Q701 [Received]
Mic - Blue Yeti [Received]
Mouse - SteelSeries Rival 300 [Received]
Keyboard - Corsair K70 RGB [Received]
Monitor - Dell S2716DG [Received]

Water Cooling
Controller - Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro
CPU - EKWB Supremacy Evo X99 Full Nickel [Received]
GPU - EKWB Titan X Full Cover Nickel + Acetal + Backplate [Received]
Rads - HWLabs Nemesis GTS 360 + 360 + 240 [Received]
Fittings - TBD
Tubing - Bitspower 16mm Acrylic
Fans - Noiseblocker eLoops

Let's get this build rolling!

"Honey.... what's all this crap doing on our dining table?!!"
mad.gif

"I don't know what you're talking about, all I see is beautiful hardware."
biggrin.gif




Went for a low key 2-tone theme with a Gunmetal 280 Flex-Bay. To mount the eLoops, I used some Acousti Ultra Soft Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts AFM02B. They are amazingly soft and I hope to get good vibration isolation for a quiet rig. These will be used where ever possible when mounting an eLoop is concerned.

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
You need one of these 60mm custom reservoir mounts for your S8S build. So beautiful, I'm ordering one in silver tomorrow, going to fill it with Mayhem's Extreme White.

When I find a new part that is absolutely beyond amazing, I just HAVE to share. (even though I just broke curfew)
redface.gif


NEW Part Alert!

It's so beautiful!
smile.gif


http://s296.photobucket.com/user/iBruceEVGA/media/res mount_zpsvzxj6n2t.png.html
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadz1lla View Post

Oh love my s8s brethren!
May we all shout out a proud S8S Hallelujah Brother!
thumbsupsmiley.png


May the horizontal 8-slot short-mod forever live in our hearts and minds and feed our need for the love of Compact Mega-Speed EATX rigs.

CMSEX-tended. A new acronym is born.

CompactMegaSEX?
thinking.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Quote:
You need one of these 60mm custom reservoir mounts for your S8S build. So beautiful, I'm ordering one in silver tomorrow, going to fill it with Mayhem's Extreme White.

When I find a new part that is absolutely beyond amazing, I just HAVE to share. (even though I just broke curfew) redface.gif

NEW Part Alert!

It's so beautiful! smile.gif
That reservoir mount made by Singularity Computers is very nice indeed, will last you life time.
The guy is very detailed with his builds so you can expect his product will be nothing less but the best quality
thumb.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post

That reservoir mount made by Singularity Computers is very nice indeed, will last you life time.
The guy is very detailed with his builds so you can expect his product will be nothing less but the best quality
thumb.gif
Singularity Computers + CaseLabs = so much joy.
biggrin.gif


https://www.singularitycomputers.com/shop/watercooling/reservoir-mounts/reservoir-mount-ethereal-single-60mm-billet

How much does a build log cost anyways? I mean life-wise? Is it truly expensive?
blushsmiley.gif


scr_zpsx8lca2se.png

.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel honoured to have @iBruce grace my log with his presence - S8S buddies!
thumb.gif


For the time being, I will be working on dialing in some preliminary overclocks on air and test for stability. Once those numbers are in, I will proceed to slapping on blocks and running acrylic lines.
tongue.gif


Thanks everyone for the support, lets see some more S8S's!
wink.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,915 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
Very cute little doggie. Our dog's long version name is Cheeseball, the malcontent.

But we just call her Cheeseball for short.
smile.gif


Now this is what my new S8S work rig needs. Uses Thunderbolt 3 connectivity, and the new M8E mobo inside just happens to have T3 onboard, whaddaya know?
tongue.gif


Enjoy the photo and information, very cool external drive, still only available for pre-order at the moment.

https://www.akitio.com/expansion/thunder3-pcie-ssd

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/iB...thunder3-pcie-ssd-speeds_zpsc97dq1sg.jpg.html
 

·
Guru Meditation
Joined
·
2,068 Posts

·
Guru Meditation
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Hehe !
tongue.gif


Edit: Oh and CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90ED !
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Small Update =]

Two EK Uni Mounts, one modified to remove the legs and extra flaps. I added the silicon grommets to reduce pump vibration for further isolation.


Ordered a Dual D5 pump top from EK to try and fit in the build, but in the end I decided against it. Will be pairing an AQ USB D5 to an EK 140 Revo combo unit.


I used the new isolation ring from the Dual D5 setup, overall, it's much softer than the previous iteration. I'll be using the Shoggy Sponge for added height and even more pump isolation. Originally, I was going to use Sorbothane feet, but those guys are sticky as hell and will look like a fuzzy peach after a day in my house.


Will use a pass through and 45 degree rotary fitting for the Outlet. I like the added touch of the new isolation ring where extended ridges are placed to lift the housing up to ensure no hard mounts. Good work EK
thumb.gif



Will be needing to drill into the mid plate for the res to pass through, measure thrice, drill once!
tongue.gif



Currently waiting on the proper side rad mount, I ordered the pedestal 360 mount the first time haha... d'oh
redface.gif

With my current mobo, not sure how well it'll support BW-E processors, but then again, I love the aesthetics of the X99-E WS from Asus so not sure if I'll stick a BW-E cpu in or grab a 5960X
thinking.gif
 

·
Guru Meditation
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpot View Post

Small Update =]

Two EK Uni Mounts, one modified to remove the legs and extra flaps. I added the silicon grommets to reduce pump vibration for further isolation.

Ordered a Dual D5 pump top from EK to try and fit in the build, but in the end I decided against it. Will be pairing an AQ USB D5 to an EK 140 Revo combo unit.

I used the new isolation ring from the Dual D5 setup, overall, it's much softer than the previous iteration. I'll be using the Shoggy Sponge for added height and even more pump isolation. Originally, I was going to use Sorbothane feet, but those guys are sticky as hell and will look like a fuzzy peach after a day in my house.

Will use a pass through and 45 degree rotary fitting for the Outlet. I like the added touch of the new isolation ring where extended ridges are placed to lift the housing up to ensure no hard mounts. Good work EK
thumb.gif

[

Will be needing to drill into the mid plate for the res to pass through, measure thrice, drill once!
tongue.gif


Currently waiting on the proper side rad mount, I ordered the pedestal 360 mount the first time haha... d'oh
redface.gif

With my current mobo, not sure how well it'll support BW-E processors, but then again, I love the aesthetics of the X99-E WS from Asus so not sure if I'll stick a BW-E cpu in or grab a 5960X
thinking.gif
i'm confident ASUS will release a BIOS for those boards, also, i'm not onto watercooling, but if i was, i would support Singularity Computers, just because they are serious and nice peeps!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
Looks so good man, very nice progress.
biggrin.gif


I've got (4) of those newer Soft-Grip EK dampers on their way hitching a ride within the next EK/PPCS shipment. Did not realize they extended the ridges above the ring, very nice EK.

An update on the Singularity Computer res mounts, they are evaluating them right now at PPCS, and as long as they check out PPCS will be stocking the entire line for 120mm and 140mm rads/mounting holes.

Sounds like availability will be this month, but don't quote me please.

Dude, I feel bad, really wanted to use the EK dual top in my rig, and it's possible but will look out of place and crammed, restrict my airflow, and not hold to the original concept of the work rig. Plan on using it when I put together a Skylake E gaming rig next year with two water cooled GPUs, then dual D5s will make much more sense.

The stickiness of the Sorbo is not so bad if you have standard air purification in your office or computer room. I use a Blueair 450E, does a great job of helping keep dust out of your rigs, but nothing works as well as a good surface, floor, and crevice vacuuming, but then I don't have to vacuum sawdust.
smile.gif


When are you moving away from the sawmill? Have you had your respiratory health evaluated? Worried about you man...
smile.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New place being built right now and won't be finished until end of year. May postpone moving until jan/feb next year due to snow/weather, but we'll see. It's not so bad with the dust issue, I'm just tired of cleaning more than I am working/gaming
biggrin.gif
 
1 - 20 of 3137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top