Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE : Change somethings have a new board, GPU's and external radiator.
img2870v.jpg
img2871gb.jpg
img2880b.jpg
img2882zf.jpg

Finished Photos
dsc0001qf.jpg
dsc0007uef.jpg
dsc0510oc.jpg
ydsc0492b.jpg

[Orignal Post]

[Orignal Post]

[Orignal Post]

[Orignal Post]
Well this is my first loop and my first build log. Currently I have a 700D with some air cooling. I finaly got little extra cash to play with some watercooling. So this is my build log.

Here is some before shots.

img1159jn.jpg
img1160kr.jpg
img1161hs.jpg
img1162xb.jpg
img1346h.jpg
img1351p.jpg
Today I did some simple painting to my DVD drives I know its been done plenty of times but first time I worked with painting I had fun with it here is how it looked.

This is a before shot of the metal sanded down
img1415qw.jpg

Here is what it looked like after sprayed when drying.
img1418hn.jpg

I also painted the tops of the screws so they wouldn't stand out to much.
img1419t.jpg

I had to paint a small section of plastic I move the SATA intreface's PCB back into the casing and taped it off really good. Removing the SATA PCB on both drives was really easy.
img1420ku.jpg
img1424xy.jpg

Here is two shots of finished product. Should look much better in the case with the white tubing I will be using.
img1437o.jpg
img1436o.jpg

I received the 360 RAD from another Used from another user on OCN. I was pretty upset when he used clear package tape directly on the Rad to pack it. I been waiting for days now for a reply and some type of compensation. What would you do if this happen to you ? When it was sold to me pictures where in perfect condition. Now ill have to repaint it. My next two thing to do list for this is cut a 240 Rad hole in the bottom of the case and paint this messed up rad.

Here are some pictures of the rad.
img1410w.jpg
img1411z.jpg
img1412xy.jpg

Paint on the tape
frown.gif

img1413g.jpg

here are my parts list :

1x Liang D5 Vario Pump
1x Swiftech GTZ CPU water block
1x XSPC RX360 rad
1x XSPC RX240 rad
1x EK GeForce 570 Block - Nickel
1x EK GeForce 570 Block - Nickel (Used)
1x EK FC Bridge Dual Serial
2x EK FC Links
1x Bitspower 3.5in. Bay Res - Black Acetal
3x EK Replacement Liquid Block Thermal Pads
1x PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 7/16"ID 5/8" OD with 3/32" Wall - White
1x IandH Silver KillCoils
2x Bitspower rotary matte black compression fitting
2x EK Black Compression fittings
3x Yate Loon Low speed fans
2x Scythe S-Flex Fans
6x Bitspower matte black barbs
1x MX4 TIM
2x 120mm fan filters
1x 140mm fan filter
2x Sponges

My fittings are miss matched cause sidewinder ran out of what I ordered. I should have just bought them at jab tech. I wasn't to happy because they didn't offer a discount or anything like that. I will probably order the other fittings and match them all later with EK black compressions.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
yo idea paint the rad white
biggrin.gif
your gonna paint it anyways this way it will patch ur tubes. other then that im so subd

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf;13106683
looks good man now put it all together
smile.gif
Thanks I'm excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedNuggeT;13106687
Talk to the manager and see what he thinks about it. Or some sort of trader person who organizes.

Anyway, awesome build!
Yeah, I'm just giving it some more time just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onions;13106716
yo idea paint the rad white
biggrin.gif
your gonna paint it anyways this way it will patch ur tubes. other then that im so subd
I actually thought of the same thing today after I already painted it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stripped the case down took off all the rubber and fans
img1444kj.jpg

took off the power switch and USB panel connectors just incase some metal shaving might get into it.
img1445ai.jpg

Used a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to remove the rivets to take the lower cage out of the bottom. The middle layer seems pretty sturdy. I seen people with 800D taking this cage out they have to resupport the self. But don't think 700D will have to reenforce anything.
img1446b.jpg

tape
img1447l.jpg

More tape to make sure the paint don't chip away.
img1448fq.jpg

My friend helped me make the cut only needed to cut half of the second fan slot. It bent a little but I bent it back the bottom metal bent in do to the pressure of the drill and jigsaw.
img1449u.jpg

rad next to the case (It's new home)
img1450pq.jpg

Perfect Fit !!
img1451fr.jpg

Had enough sunlight to sand down and paint the 240 rad. I did think about the white but only after I sprayed it already. So it will be black.
img1452b.jpg

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onions
View Post

thats a shame man white would look leet

Maybe next time I guess. The 240 Rad wouldn't be very visiable through the window only the 360 Rad would be good to paint white. Maybe next time I plan to get a new CPU block when or if I move to 2011 or 1156 socket at the end of the year.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I got my Res. BUT I ordered the wrong one some how I ordered a 3.5in Res instead of a 5.25in Res. Well so I reordered from a place that should only take one day to ship it here. So I should still be good still waiting for the EK SLI Link anyway. Its laughable they sell a Res so small to fit in the 3.5 bay.

Did some rinsing/cleaning parts, thought threw the loop order, and currently leak testing the water block after cleaning it.

here it is opened my CPU waterblock up too clean it. Had alot of black junk on it got most of it out. the picture of it soaking was after I cleaned most of it off. It was still really dirty until I used a toothbrush on it.
img1460h.jpg
img1459xd.jpg
img1462j.jpg
img1463h.jpg

Also painted some more screws for mounting the Res.
img1456r.jpg
img1457xu.jpg
img1458e.jpg
img1464e.jpg

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Painted the backplate (because I have two) and the CPU water block mounting plate yesterday didnt come out as I had hopped but will decide if i wanted the painted backplate or plain one later.

Here I'm doing leak test on newly painted block.

Today I have alot of work to do. and I'm ready to reassemble

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Readying the GPU water blocks
img1472iw.jpg

Surprised how small and light the video card is with no heatsink. Here it is.
img1473f.jpg

One of the chips almost looks melted ?
img1474sz.jpg

Finished only tool me 3 or 4 hours. I tried to get the EVGA black plate on my modding the back plate it just wouldn't work wish they made it work. I think that EK could have done with one size thermal pad. Three different sizes became more complicated at 2:00am
img1476in.jpg

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86;13144262
Very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st.;13145734
800D + White WC'ing tubes = win.

(If you ever have any WC questions, go to my thread in my sig, I'll be happy to help
smile.gif
)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobthellamer;13156618
Looking really good!
Thanks

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Plan to really push my OC because I have Overclocking insurance on my CPU via microcenter. So went ahead an poped off the motherboard heatsink to replace the TIM.
img1485j.jpg

It was hard as a rock. Dont know much about TIM but don't think it was helping much being that hard.
img1483qd.jpg

Much better with some fresh MX4
img1484w.jpg

1 - 20 of 77 Posts