Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys heres another build log I am working on. I have been playing a lot of Supreme Commander Forged Alliance lately and always use the Cybran so I thought I could incorporate that somehow.
This will be watercooled and be a pretty sweet machine once it is assembled. The plan is to make it as clean as possible and also functional. I would like to use some red and smoked acrylic in this build but we will see how that all goes. This is my first real case mod that I have ever done so here it goes. And I want to apologize in advanced for the cell phone pictures. My DSLR is down for the count at the moment but I will hopefully be getting that taken care of soon before this is all over.
Parts List:
-Asus Maximus Gene V (bought)
-Corsair Force GT 120G(bought)
-OCZ ZX 850W Fully Modular PSU(bought)
-NZXT Vulcan of course(Owned)
-NVidia GTX 670(Bought)
-i5 2500k(waiting on school)
-Eheim pump(friend had this and gave it to me)
-2x120mm Radiator(Unknown brand, friend also gave)
-FTW V2 sleeve Red, Black, White with precut heat shrink

The Pump/Radiator and Reservoir were all given to me by a friend. I wasnt going to say no to free watercooling stuff. I am unsure of the quality of the products but if it works and gets the job done then its alright. The best part is that it was all free.

Now not to bore you guys anymore lets get onto the pictures.
thumb.gif

Got the sleeving and heat shrink in the mail. Just waiting on the black, I ordered that separate so it came a day after.

I then cut the original heat shrink and sleeving and found this....I did some sleeving on the ones without capacitors but now I am at a standstill on this as I am unsure if I want to remove them or just heat shrink over it all. I think I will just heat shrink over all of it with one big piece.

Now I decided to move onto the most important part of the build, the case. I mounted the radiator up front and made some measurements for cutting for the most airflow I could get. At first I started out with some aluminum strips to basically make a new structured front. But after it was mounted it was fairly solid anyway.

Here is the test fit of the Radiator

During this time I taped up the spots I wanted to cut. I started using a dremel and I just could not control the thing, and it was taking forever. My uncle was generous enough to give me his tool chest with a bunch of tools so I thought now would be the time to see what was in there. I opened up the drawers and to my surprise there was a whole drawer of snips in there. Found the straight edged ones and got to work.

Here is my taping job and the after cutting. You can probably see in the bottom left of the upper square where I was using the dremel.

While I had the scissors I decided to make an 8 pin routing hole as there is nothing there and didnt want to have wires laying around. And yes that is electrical tape.

Well that is it for now. Today I plan on doing the test fitting of the pump and reservoir. And to hopefully continue on this sleeving adventure. Thanks for looking guys!

Chris:thumb:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty00735 View Post

Looking great!
Thanks. Just trying to get the plumbing situation in order. The pump and res are for 1/4" threads I believe. So if I can get the right adapter I should be alright.
I am still working on this. Thursday I finally get to at least get it together so it is up and running.
Still do not have all the cables sleeved or all the other stuff done, but its a slow work in progress.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

As a veteran I really like your build!!! And thanks for the sub!
First and foremost thank you sir for your service to our Country.

I appreciate you comment on my build however that's never my intention to take away from your build. The Vulcan is one of my favorite cases and to see you cutting it up and sticking a watercooling system in is just exciting.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a little update for you guys. Just to give you an idea with what I am working with here. Sorry for the mix of pictures between phone and DSLR. The difference is quite apparent and kind of embarrassing but it works
biggrin.gif

Here is the pump the way I received it. Obviously this thing was never cleaned. Is there a way to clean it safely?

Working on sleeving
biggrin.gif

Got the 8 pin done.....

Now to start on the 24 pin

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A little update of some things I have done tonight
biggrin.gif

Put a window on the Vulcan. Need to do some touch up painting from where the screen was.

And here is where I am thinking of placing the reservoir
smile.gif

Im thinking of using some smoked acrylic up top with some etching to replace the top fan grill part. Am I going to mess things up if I dont have enough exit ventilation?
THANKS
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys just a little update for you. I decided to make a PSU/wire cover. I took a piece of anti-glare plexi, went on the computer and cut out some letters.

All I did was use some lotion to hold the letters in place and then just used some plasti-kote to paint it black. This is how it looks with just my lamp behind it.
I have some leds laying around some where...just need to find em
biggrin.gif

This build will be coming to a close soon...ordered my waterblock and some other parts to try and use my old Eheim pump in this build.
Thanks for looking guys
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys little update incoming for those following
biggrin.gif

Got these in the mail today!!!!!

Got the red LED for the raystorm block
smile.gif

Pump cover for the old school Eheim pump
smile.gif

And the raystorm block as well
biggrin.gif

Overall it was a good day for deliveries, but then I realized something. I had no fittings for the pump and for the old flowmeter that I got with the deal sssoooo onto frozencpu I go!!!!
Placed my order for this, takes the small size and now I am able to use G 1/4" threads
thumb.gif

And then 2 of these bad boys at 10 bucks a pop!!!! This makes the old innovatek flow meter I have able to use g1/4 threads as well. Any idea where I should place this thing in my loop??

Here is a picture of the flow meter with the fittings

thanks for checking in! I am going to redo the plexi cover this weekend and hopefully get it the way I want it. Everything should be done in a week or so depending on when all these parts come in! So stay tuned. I also have some other thoughts to kinda add my own personal touch to the build.....nothing to fancy smancey though.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts