Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys long time lurker first time poster here and want to share my new upcoming build with you all;

Case: Phanteks Entho Elite
CPU: AMD ThreadRipper 1950X
Motherboard: Gigabyte x399
GPU's: PNY GTX 1080TI's in SLI
Ram: Currently Corsair LPX 64gb 2666mhz trying to find 128gb Dominators or Trident Z's at a reasonable price
Cooling: Full custom rigid tubing loop with EK everything
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
Fluid: was in love with the primochill Vue but after hearing all the horror stories idk anymore possibly something to best match amethyst
Cables: Cablemod

I've been piecing together all the parts and my case showed up yesterday so about time I started the thread. I'll start posting photos tomorrow of what I have currently. any criticism good or bad is appreciated. this will be my first liquid build and I'm anxious to get her started. any input id gladly listen too.

·
PC Noob
108 Posts
Nice, hardware looks good to me :)

I myself would steer clear of Primochill's Vue, as good as it looks it wont last forever and there are so many stories about the coolant seperating and clogging up blocks etc.

There is a guide for the Vue coolant published by Primochill which includes what metals not to use and what blocks etc aren't compatible if you still wanted to go down that path.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, hardware looks good to me :)

I myself would steer clear of Primochill's Vue, as good as it looks it wont last forever and there are so many stories about the coolant seperating and clogging up blocks etc.

There is a guide for the Vue coolant published by Primochill which includes what metals not to use and what blocks etc aren't compatible if you still wanted to go down that path.

Thanks man! Yea I was super bummed to find out that the fluid was breaking down and clogging up it was a shame as it looked sooooo good but oh well

The case came somewhat damaged from shipping but phanteks was so quick to order the replacement parts. I sent them pictures and they send me tracking information for the replacement parts never has it been so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
PC Noob
108 Posts
Thanks man! Yea I was super bummed to find out that the fluid was breaking down and clogging up it was a shame as it looked sooooo good but oh well

The case came somewhat damaged from shipping but phanteks was so quick to order the replacement parts. I sent them pictures and they send me tracking information for the replacement parts never has it been so easy.

Awesome, sounds like some great service. Never dealt with Phanteks before :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Progress is slow it’s still progress. Switched out the pny cards for Evga 1080ti’s. Trying to train the cables currently. Still nothing on watercooling minus having the tubing and fittings

Printed some combs for the build as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts