Project Black Toxicity
This is a build for a friend of mine that was in dire need of an upgrade. The entire build was centered around the theme of matte black with accents of white, and the obvious green glow from the cathodes
. Turned out to be one of the best looking, and most fun, builds I've done. Enjoy the pics!
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.2 GHz
- Motherboard: MSI Z77 Mpower
- RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3-1600
- GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE/OC
- Case: Silverstone Temjin TJ04-BW
- PSU: Seasonic MII12 620W
- CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
- SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
- HDD's: 2x Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
- Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX
- Fans: 5x Swiftech Helix 120mm's
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Front panel LED/power/reset cables
- HD Audio front panel cable
- 24-pin/2x 6-pin/8-pin extensions (saves overall sleeving and warranty vs full PSU sleeving)
- 3x cathode wires
- 2x switches for cathode inverters
- Floppy power extension (for Xonar DX)
- 5x Fan wires
- Multiple different molex to 3-pin adapters
- 1x 3-pin y-splitter
- Cable management is a given.
- Mildly overclock i7 2600K from 3.4 GHz to 4.2 GHz.
- Replace fan screws with #8-32 screws & nuts, using snap caps on visible ones (hate the self-tapping screws that chew into the fans).
- Fix Silverstone's broken window holding system. They use extremely tiny washers to hold the window in place (picture here), had to buy #6 x 9/16" fender washers so the window wouldn't pop out.