Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project Blank

Cover_zpse426bce0.jpg~original

Let's cut it short, I'm going to treat myself with a new PC. I've been quite obsessed with mechanical keyboards after my last build "Phenomenon" ; which I've learnt how to mod it and spend all my PC budget on them and made my bank account cried . Anyway, this time it would be a pc which would run me for the long run, so if anyone expect me to do major or big time mod like I did previously; don't be, well there will be but its just minor mod. It will be a classic looking build which the components itselves I've chosen carefully to suit the build and stand for itself.

I tried to grab myself the highest quality components my wallet can afford, not trying to be a cry baby but I have limited option on components here; besides with all those water cooling stuff which I've to order from the US, it would cost me twice as much if I have to pay for the custom tax (fingers crossed)

Won't be revealing all the components I'm going to use now, but some components will be taken from my previous build since I think they can still serves me well
Anyway, I will be updating this first post occasionally for some updates; this will be a slow log since I am taking my time to make something perfect for the long haul. Estimated to be done by end of December

And also. I will be playing around with my camera for the shots as well, so stay tuned!

List of components:
CPU: i7 4930K
Motherboard: Asus Rampage iv Extreme Black Edition
Case: Caselabs SM8
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x4GB) 1866
GPU: 2x Powercolor R9 290 OC
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Sound card: Asus Xonar STX
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 120gb (Raid 0)
HDD: 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB

Water cooling:
CPU: EK Full nickel clean
GPUs: Aqua computer Kyropgrahics 290 block with Active XCS Backplate
Motherboard: EK RIVBE Block
Radiators: EK XTX 480 and 360
Fittings: Primochill rigid and Bitspower adapters
Reservoir: Aquacomputer 880ml Aqualis
Pump: D5
Tube: Primochill Tube Black
GPU: Not yet decided , probably waiting for Aquacomputer
Fans: Gentle Typhoon AP-15 with NZXT Sentry Mix 2

·
back at it
4,776 Posts
Subbed with my jelly
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rRansom View Post

Well hello, RIVE. I like you're color and I wanna see where this goes. I only have one request - give us a lot if picz to drool at..!!
biggrin.gif
drool.gif
wheee.gif
If you get how I chose the components by their color, then I think you got whats the theme color for this build
biggrin.gif

and stay tuned for more pictures! would have some more by this weekend

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by incy View Post

Amazingly first time i'v actually seen that mobo and looks tops ... should be good:thumb:
Quote:
Originally Posted by incy View Post

hmm sorry off topic but i wish i knew what I do wrong with emoticons??
lol not sure myself, mine did fine
thumb.gif

anyway love to see fellow melbournian, used to live there for almost 8 years
God I miss that city

·
Registered
102 Posts
lol yeah I subbed for being a pest. Its a fine part of the world just glad the pc's underwater cause she's getting a bit warm outside, once you finish your log your welcome back!! Look forward to seeing updates deff looking goddly.....2nd time round
thumb.gif

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrik View Post

I've so much jelly for your Graphic cards as well
frown.gif

still cant get a good reason to replace my 670's for my 1440p
biggrin.gif
Thanks. Hopefully sometime next year I'll grab this board and another 780... You know, just keeping up with the Jones.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse Maow View Post

biggrin.gif
Thanks. Hopefully sometime next year I'll grab this board and another 780... You know, just keeping up with the Jones.
tongue.gif
You know ive spent the rest of the day asking around what new graphic card is available in my country
And this gigabyte 780 windforce is very tempting in term of price
But its rev 2 and no full block is available

If my project goes well which Ill find out by this week, I might drop the bomb on new gpus
tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 212 Posts