Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi overclockers!

I would like to show you my work on Silverstone Raven RVZ01 case. I love ITX format. So It was easy decision, which case should I mod. To be honest, I would like to have NCASE M1 (cheers for author), but It is quite expensive to send it into Czech Republic, where I live.

So I bought Raven RVZ01. What I have seen as negative is no space for proper cpu cooler. It was quite blind shot, but I ordered Corsair H100i. It is not supported at all due to size of radiator. Silverstone recommends Corsair H60. Which I had years ago, but it was weak to cool proper OC.

When Raven came to me, it was damaged from factory. Paint under motherboard was scratched. That was another reason, why I should mod it!

So end of essay, below are parts, which will be used in this build:

• Raven RVZ01
  • Intel i5 4690k - 4600 MHz
  • ASUS Maximus VII Impact
  • Cosrair H100i
  • Corsair vengeance 2x4gb
  • GPU - still changing
    smile.gif
  • Silverstone ST45SF-G
  • Samsung 830 256gb

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomorrow I will post photos of removing color from case. I bought remover of old paint, which works pretty good.
smile.gif

But it takes more time due to process of application. You have to wait 30 minutes to let that remover does its job.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaven View Post

I think, that i will keep black on plastic parts. But not sure about the rest. But not black.
smile.gif
Nice, can't wait to see what you do. Please also keep us updated in the main Raven thread too, would be nice to see pics posted on there too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to continue on my project! After busy months I'm have some time!

I changed hardware few times already, so now I have:
Intel xeon e3-1231v3 < which I want to sell and buy i5 -k
Asus Maximus VII Impact (this is the best ITX motherboard I ever see)

So I have to change my planned gold/black color combo to something red!

Plus I don't have GPU now.
frown.gif
But I'm looking for some 290/280x.

I will add some photos after New Year celebrations.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi wefornes, I'm still working on it. (80% is done)

The problem is, that I moved to different city due to new work opportunity for at&t. So I can work on it just during weekends.

I'm still wondering how to mount H100i rad... I would like to keep slim look. So my first idea to mount it on side panel is on hold. Maybe rad will fit next to Asus 290(non ref), but I'm worried about temperatures(cpu/gpu).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Awesome news, I want to make some modding to my case to. I had a h80i but it is not thin at all I think I am gonna sell it and buy a h60 or h100i. I have an 4690k with a tt axp-100 and I can not do to much oc. I have an Asus Impact vii too like you and a gtx 980 acx 2.0.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts