Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Mixed it with EK clear. Have about a litre and a half. I'll have a look if I have any purple sleeve left tomorrow

Edit : Have about 7-10 meters. More than enough for use as a secondary colour

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Tiny update, just replaced my top rad screws with some nice silver low profile ones instead of the copper alphacool ones of which three didn't fit with the sabertooth's armor. Also painted my 80mm fans matte black to go with the rest of the fans. Hoping I will get my techworld order either tomorrow if I'm lucky, or monday, with the last thing for me to do is finish my CAD design of my midplate and send it in for some quotes and finally cutting.
http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Jakewat97/media/temporary_zps5b223dc8.jpg.html
http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Jakewat97/media/temporary_zps0c5c7b7f.jpg.html

It's a tight squeeze atm, and the armor doesn't help. Hope I can fit my 8pin through without having to remove my 80mm fans
temporary_zpscac8ee84.jpg

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Pretty much finished my design of my midplate, now just have to sort out how I'm going to present it for quotes and what I will have to do to provide an image that the CAD system can cut from. It's kind of hard to take pictures of sketchup, but hopefully you guys can roughly see how it's going to work. The third piece (far right) is just the same as the one next to it, just flipped so that you can see the top side.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

The purple looks nice bro
thumb.gif
Yea, hard to capture with phone pics though. I was literally short like 15cm on one of the 8pin sleeves so ended up having to do a little mixed cable at the end
tongue.gif
. Algood though, did it all early this morning so now I got burnt fingertips for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

I like the color choice and the layout of the 24-pin. Only 2 colors and non-symmetrical ftw.
Haha, it's mainly a 'not enough money for more sleeving' issue, because I was going to do a bit more thought-out design. But I like the look of just one colour streak, simple and clean is best
smile.gif

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Test loop filled, now leak testing and bleeding. Really have a hard time with some air pockets in this loop that don't budge when I tilt the case all over the place, and last time I got rid of the bubbles in the res by scraping them off with some small OD tube, very painful
tongue.gif
. Hopefully I can clear the bubbles in the cpu tonight and get the rig up and running for some temp and aquaero tests.
OTT paper towels.
http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Jakewat97/media/temporary_zps48e5b426.jpg.html
Annoying cpu bubble.
http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Jakewat97/media/temporary_zps38bfc3aa.jpg.html

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathr93 View Post

Looks good! bubbles in the res dont do any harm and they'll work their way out over time.
I'm just impatient with bubbles and have to have my water looking nice and clear straight away
smile.gif
, the cpu bubble is being very stubborn though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It shouldnt affect your temps too much, so try booting up and putting your cpu under load to put some heat through the block, should help shift it
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewat View Post

I'm just impatient with bubbles and have to have my water looking nice and clear straight away
smile.gif
, the cpu bubble is being very stubborn though!
I've given up on trying to permanently get rid of the bubble in my CPU block, I get it gone and then I'll look the next day and its back again. smh!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I will boot up soon, just got to check all the cables and fittings are all 100%. I also feel nervous about my 24pin, I labeled all the pins and put them back according to a diagram but initially I started putting the first few in with the upside down diagram. part of me feels like I should get a PSU tester, but I often stress over stuff like this too much.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts