Overclock.net banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well, no boot. any ideas? the mobo LED is on and the red light on the aquaero is on, but when I press the power button all I get is a click from the aquaero. All cables are pushed in tight and I have tried the usb and front headers in different positions. Nothing spins, no noises (apart from the click from the aquaero), and just some green LED telling me the mobo has power.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

Ram pressed in all the way? Had that issue when I tried to boot for the first time. But could also be your 24 pin. Your using a Silverstone right? Make sure you have the gap wire in the right place. Should look like so
Is that the psu end or the mobo end? I took out the mobo end connectors, but the gap is in that position. Everything is fully seated.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

Should look the exact same on both ends. Tried ram in different slots?
I think I might have found the issue, I am running the wrong bios version for my 4670k. Technically the latest 0901 should work, but If it doesn't then you need to revert back to the 0801 update. Luckily with this board it looks like you can update with the bios button without even booting, so I'll try that and hope it fixes it (and doesn't brick it).

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Ok, so I'm about to take my mobo back to the shop to get them to check it out and hopefully be able to fix it or get a new one depending on the damage done. But I will also be needing to completely re-pin my 24pin to make sure I don't do this again. After a bit of research, people seem to say that the strider 24pin can be re-pinned to a one-one layout, rather than the default spider web mess. I'm just going to make %100 sure of this before I go ahead.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Well at the moment I have a temporary loop setup using my old motherboard and everything is working fine, temps are also really good so far with 1-2 degree delta temps at idle and 40 degree load temps all while running fans at less than 50%.

Anyway, I'm away on holiday at the moment so I am yet to follow up my RMA's. By the way, my HDD also fell after my mount broke and is now dead and my ssd went up I smoke for unknown reasons so yeah, been having some bad luck with this build
frown.gif

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
GOOD NEWS!
I got my RMA's back for the motherboard and SDD, also getting an upgrade to a intel 530 because they no longer make the seagate SSD's. Hopefully I should be getting back on with the project soon, but won't be tearing my rig down just yet as I will be needing my PC for a few more things including working out how I'm going to get my CAD design to cutting. After being away from building for awhile I feel a bit more refreshed and motivated so I will look into doing some more minor details and polishing some rough work. Now just to recover some money after spending lots during my holiday
tongue.gif

61 - 74 of 74 Posts