Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This build is in honor of the fight of the Ukrainian People for Freedom and Democracy from the Russian Oppression. My wife is from Ukraine and I have spent an extensive amount of time there for work and pleasure. So I do have a vested interest in this subject. I want this to be fun and a gift to my wife that celebrates the amazing job Ukraine is doing.

Now the fun parts since you know the background of this build.

First of all the Computer or PC parts

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: i7-4960X
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB 2400 MHz
GPU: 2 X Titan X
Hard Drive: Intel 750 Series AIC 400GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4
Hard Drive: 2 X Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB in Raid 0
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 1500 Classified

Case will be a Case Labs MAGNUM SMA8 in Matte Black

Cooling Gear

Motherboard: EK-FB KIT ASUS R4BE - Acetal
CPU Block: Swiftech APOGEE XL Custom Block (will see soon)
Ram Cooling: 2 X EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Acetal+Nickel with EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black on the ram.
GPU Cooling: 2 X EK-FC Titan X - Acetal with Red Back Plates
SSD Cooling: EK-FC I750 SSD
Reservoir: Hope to have 2 X EK-RES X3 400 but might have to settle for 250's
Radiator: Black Ice Xtreme 3 High Performance Radiator
Radiator: Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 560mm
Radiator: Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 420 Radiator all Copper
Pump: Iwaki RD-30
Fittings: Monsoon Matte Black Economy Hardline Fittings
Fittings: Various Bitspower 90's and others in Matte Black
Tubing: Monsoon 1/2 x 5/8 - Blood Red

I have all the Parts but the 250 Res if I need it and the case that will be ordered this week…

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick picture of the Custom CPU Block I have Made.

Trident the Symbol for the western Democratic Freedom Movement!!!

The Flag!!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Sweet!
thumb.gif

Nice tube bending
specool.gif

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here is the memory I will be using!!

This is the original memory that was going to be used in Excessive Insanity!!! It is G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB 2400 MHz and thru 3 motherboards 2 RIVE and this RVBE I have n\never had any problem hitting 2400Mhz with the 64GB.. So it is real good memory and Actually I was able to get the timings tighter on it one time but they are back to the XMP profile.. Will play with this some I am sure!!

This is the memory with the heat Spreaders on it. If anyone wants to see how to do this I can post detailed pictures on removing the stock heat spreaders and installing the EK spreaders. Just let me know and I will post this???

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have forgotten can anyone remind me or tell me how to add things to my post like links to builds!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Your signature? just edit your sig under your user settings, type your build log name, highlight and click on url link icon, and paste your addy. You can center it and add emojis as well. pretty much how you would create a post with a linked log embedded in the text.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Your signature? just edit your sig under your user settings, type your build log name, highlight and click on url link icon, and paste your addy. You can center it and add emojis as well. pretty much how you would create a post with a linked log embedded in the text.
Thank you so much i had forgotten how to do this easy thing!!!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
specool.gif

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought I would leave it tonight with some pictures of my leak testing and Component testing, this is on my test bench!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So what do you think of the tubing and bending?? I know it is not perfect but think it looks pretty good!!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Looks good, just this one looks like its being pushed back a bit too much. Do you have a bit of wiggle room to shave off a bit from the tube's end and line it up a tad more towards the left? I know that with some bends, you have no more room otherwise, you can't install it properly. just bringing it up to avoid a possible leak.

edit: if you're going with reverse atx, iirc, I believe you can rotate the ek port end pieces 180 so the logo is sitting upwards. I would just double check w/ the EK club.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Looks good, just this one looks like its being pushed back a bit too much. Do you have a bit of wiggle room to shave off a bit from the tube's end and line it up a tad more towards the left? I know that with some bends, you have no more room otherwise, you can't install it properly. just bringing it up to avoid a possible leak.

edit: if you're going with reverse atx, iirc, I believe you can rotate the ek port end pieces 180 so the logo is sitting upwards. I would just double check w/ the EK club.
thanks for this I had not really noticed the one that was off some until you pointed it out and I can take some off of this to make it look better and prevent leaks..

Also I know you can reverse the Port end pieces as I did this on the 750!!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Kewl
thumb.gif

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well here is the PSU I am going to be using in this build, it is a older one but I really like it!!

The EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 1500 Classified

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a the custom PSU cables I have made. I have the 24 pin, CPU connector and 2 GPU's made. I have not put them in the connector yet because I want to wait till I get the case to see how to do the cable combs or maybe even sew them!!!

if you like them give me a PM and I can do you a set in what ever colors you want!!!
thumb.gif

or if anyone wants to see I have pictures of how I cut everything to the proper length!!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts