Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb426 View Post

maybe i missed it but did you do the swift vs predator display comparison? trying to decide between the two
Sorry I've been super busy with the move and new job. I already sold off the Swift. The Acer won.

As for the build; I think I may amend the chassis to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJwZVsgFASo

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
How did I miss this???

/sigh Carbon Fiber is so badass on motherboard tray. It took me several iterations of the same build in my 760T to get it how I wanted and I had to dremel out tons of bumps and curious empty rivet holes to make it flush. This looks very good.

Did you consider hydro graphics?

I swear if I ever do it again, I'll just go the hydro route.

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIrishGuy View Post

was looking at the specs for it, supposedly it weighs 23 kg =(
Is that good or bad? lol

That's about 50 lbs, so it's definitely sturdy. I recon you are concerned about shipping costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro2u View Post

How did I miss this???

/sigh Carbon Fiber is so badass on motherboard tray. It took me several iterations of the same build in my 760T to get it how I wanted and I had to dremel out tons of bumps and curious empty rivet holes to make it flush. This looks very good.

Did you consider hydro graphics?

I swear if I ever do it again, I'll just go the hydro route.
You can get the Wetbench in carbon fiber overlay.
wink.gif

·
Registered
48 Posts
Subbed.

I was up in the air between copper tubing and carbon fiber tubing - went with carbon this time, but I'm still fascinated with using copper pipes. Interested in seeing how you execute this.

Best of luck.

Last thoughts, just off the top of my head.

I'm sure you've might have thought about this, but some metals don't mix well? supposedly copper was one? or aluminum...? Just a thought.

Also i recommend a belt grinder to get the edges of the tube softened up for fittings. doing it by hand takes forever... at least for carbon fiber

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought about carbon fiber tubes, but they just look like black tubing unless you get real close up.

As for galvanic corrosion, everything in my loop is close to one another on the anodic index. No issues there.

Definitely going to round out the edges!

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

lookin good so far, where did you get your chromed tubing from?
Chromed copper tubing I got from Home Depot online.

Look's like I have time now to finish this build, been a crazy summer getting back from Afghanistan and then moving to D.C.

Just got a new display in, 55" curved 4K OLED. Let's just say the image quality is insane. Will post some more info soon.

IMG_0347.jpg

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post

Chromed copper tubing I got from Home Depot online.

Look's like I have time now to finish this build, been a crazy summer getting back from Afghanistan and then moving to D.C.

Just got a new display in, 55" curved 4K OLED. Let's just say the image quality is insane. Will post some more info soon.
Where in the website did you find that chromed tubing? The only chromed tubing I found in Home Depot was in the form of faucet risers, bought two of them in 20 inch lengths to try out.

They weren't as long as the pieces you got and they kinked easily under bending because the walls were thin (I use a Ridgid bender). Is there any particular search terms or SKU I should look for?

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.