Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have changed the plan for the radiator in the front of the case.
I will instead of laying it flat put it under an angle preferably as high as possible this will make it possible for the air to get beneath it so I will not have negative pressure in the rad itself as I already prevented this for the rest of the case.
It is crucial to keep intake and outtake in balance especially intake is important as if this is too low hot air that has just been exausted will flow back in to equalize the pressure.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Good Stuff

·
Wubbalubba Dub Dub
961 Posts
wuaaw!
drool.gif

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushan24 View Post

Good Stuff
Thanks
biggrin.gif

I will continue this weekend as last week we're exam preparations and this week was/is exam week tomorrow I will have Chemistry and then I'll be done.
It will be 2 month to next exams so I'm loaded with free time after tomorrow.

I'm going to either mill out the aluminum on the left front of the case or I'll use my dremel perhaps both.
If I mill I might remove too much too fast so rather use sanding tool after using the mill to get some big chucks out.

There might be a lot of grammar mistakes in this message my brain is kinda overloading as I finished my Biology exam and my Dutch subject presentation half an hour ago and have only been home for 10 minutes.

I actually have plans to make some sort of windtunnel and I'm very lucky I have designed it this way already because air intake will take it beneath the pci-e extender cable routing it trough the chipset and the graphics vrm's right into the front radiator.
I will keep some material to seperate the airflow from going straight to the 120mm fan by milling out only a part of the plexi-block making sort of air guiding path.

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm done with my last exams now so I'll be updating this weekend I might actually update tonight already.
Still on school for now as I have to go to a presentation of a bunch of friends of mine.
Updates will include milling some aluminum and new pictures about the pump top
thumb.gif

·
back at it
4,765 Posts
dont know how and why, but all the extreme modders are from netherlands and it is clearly seen that you are no exception. subbed
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinos98 View Post

dont know how and why, but all the extreme modders are from netherlands and it is clearly seen that you are no exception. subbed
biggrin.gif
It is mostly because we have a lot of spare time on our hands besides work.
Central placing makes it so that we can get almost any product on the market available and we're not afraid to get our hands dirty.

One of those great modders vapo_chiller you should check out his build.

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Have milled down the aluminum front today so the rad can fit.
Will polish and perfect it tomorrow and will post pictures of both the new pump top as of the rad laying under an angle.
I might actually cut a part of the rad of which is just aluminum no fins this time as I've learned my lesson with screwing up a lot of radiators.

Also I will order the pci-e extender the ram and the acrylic plate tomorrow so I can get started working on those 2.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I milled out the corner and have placed it there just a little more sanding and it'll be good.
Sadly I discoverd today that the fan wires going to the pump were actually loose from the circuit board.
Ground and rpm came loose so I'll have to solder those back on while I'm at it I might shorten the wire to appropriate length.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow! This is amazing
thumb.gif
If it ain't dutch, it ain't much right? haha

·
Wubbalubba Dub Dub
961 Posts
nice!

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The ram I was ordering from china is out of stock therefor my taobao agent is now checking up on a different pair of sticks.
I also have 6 u2312 displays from dell waiting for acceptance for a future build but dam shipping is expensive 70Kg package I'm talking about though
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have just boiled the tubing for the connection between the 2 waterblock beneath the videocard.
The pvc got flexible enough so it may have turned out okay it is currently in the freezer the bend itself held together by a clip.
Hope it remains in shape.
Not that it can really change shape as I had anti knick in both inside and outside of the tubing.

Will post the pictures tonight after I get it out of the freezer.

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have updated and added a chapter on the bending and block connecting.
It turned out to be more time consuming as I had to vile down the block mounting plate so that the tubing would fit it and wouldn't be pressed in too much.
The pictures are still uploading so those will be added in about an hour.
On the pictures it looks like the tubing actually nicked a bit but after measuring it was flattened but still held the same flow surface as there were wires in it will bending.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Repped and subbed, this is awesome! The "inability" to mod my 2011 Mac Mini (beyond a second hard drive, and a ram upgrade) is what got me into pc building in the first place, looks like you just refuse to give up!
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahramkel View Post

Repped and subbed, this is awesome! The "inability" to mod my 2011 Mac Mini (beyond a second hard drive, and a ram upgrade) is what got me into pc building in the first place, looks like you just refuse to give up!
thumb.gif
Thanks
smile.gif

Well as my favorite game character Justine used to say: "There is always a way"
"they can all be saved..."

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I find myself unable to find a IR transmiter and and IR reciever/relay.
I would like to have the IR trans working on 5V and the reciever on either 5, 7 or12V.
I went scouting on taobao and have found the apple keyboard already which I'm gonna purchase however I also came over an logitech keyboard which looks identical but sadly misses the power button in Apple style but it does run of solar cell's which sounds better than hooking it up to usb power.

I also have requested vengeance notebook memory 16GB of it it runs at 1600 mhz not the 1866 version as it was crazy expensive 3x the price...

21 - 40 of 98 Posts