Overclock.net banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
I dont mean nothing bad, but could you remove some of your moving devils in your sig to a smily devil so less movment happens, its playing with my head.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroC1999 View Post

I dont mean nothing bad, but could you remove some of your moving devils in your sig to a smily devil so less movment happens, its playing with my head.
Yes, I could guess it is pretty annoying if you're trying to read something.
there you go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Subbed, looks nice
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Updated with a part about the motherboard cover for the top of the case.
I also reconsidered the pwerbutton being on the keyboard but I decided to skip that and just place it either on the top on the front or on the back of the case.
Extremely complicated wiring schemes and controllers and such are not something I like to deal with for something so useless.
This is also because the Apple keyboard uses that same button as connect and wake from sleep therefor I would need to move that button to a different location in the keyboard without screwing up the keyboard's design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Updated with a part about the motherboard cover for the top of the case.
I also reconsidered the pwerbutton being on the keyboard but I decided to skip that and just place it either on the top on the front or on the back of the case.
Extremely complicated wiring schemes and controllers and such are not something I like to deal with for something so useless.
This is also because the Apple keyboard uses that same button as connect and wake from sleep therefor I would need to move that button to a different location in the keyboard without screwing up the keyboard's design.
Some motherboards have a feature that allows you to turn on the PC (from being completely off) by clicking the mouse or touching the keyboard. Its so convenient haha

Another idea - if your motherboard has an on button on the PCB, you could easily fassion a button right to the top of the case.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehOnlyMITTENS View Post

Some motherboards have a feature that allows you to turn on the PC (from being completely off) by clicking the mouse or touching the keyboard. Its so convenient haha

Another idea - if your motherboard has an on button on the PCB, you could easily fassion a button right to the top of the case.
I have a lot of sanding left to do at the top more than expected actually.
I also have a new pump and new fans and the pci-e cable shipped to me but HK airmail is so slow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Finally uploaded pictures of the pcb cover it looks quite nice even though it is still wrapped.
I might eventually tap some bolts into the acrylic to secure it I'm not sure yet it is too early to make a final decision about that.

My package went into transit Friday last week (transit in NL) and it is still not delivered it better be Monday I really hate TNT/PostNL since the cheapest mail service in the world gives 10x the service.
 

·
Hmmmmmmm
Joined
·
740 Posts
Hey, really interesting build, can't wait to see the final product.

Just a question, did you consider an MXM GPU? One of those used on laptops. They might be a bit of a pain in the arse for compatibility, but AFAIK they can be powered directly from the PCI-e bus, and they are pretty compact.

I guess the other issue is that your video output will be restricted to being ported through the iGPU on the i7.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

I forgot about this thread... Updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorbazTheDragon View Post

Hey, really interesting build, can't wait to see the final product.

Just a question, did you consider an MXM GPU? One of those used on laptops. They might be a bit of a pain in the arse for compatibility, but AFAIK they can be powered directly from the PCI-e bus, and they are pretty compact.

I guess the other issue is that your video output will be restricted to being ported through the iGPU on the i7.
Sorry guys that it has been over a year or so that I last updated. University did this to me!
Anyhow I updated a bit and I will soon scavenge the laptop for a 2670QM so this build can continue
thumb.gif


I did consider an MXM GPU but they are not compatible with the PCI-e as far as I know and the extension boards are more of a occult thing
wink.gif

The power is provided but cable just fine I don't anticipate problems with the card. (tested it with the riser it works however if I bend the riser around it sometimes doesn't most likely caused by the wires creating impedance)
 
81 - 98 of 98 Posts
Top