Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did this over the last weekend and well was too lazy to put up the pics until now so here goes
... The reason for this move is so that my 360 is ALWAYS cool
my problem is that after about 4-5 hours of Halo or any other game on the 360 I usually get a RROD for overheating so WCing should take care of all of that... atm I have run the system for three days just on the dashboard and no problems at all
so it works pretty well...

My list of WCing components for this project are:

WB: XSPC Xbox 360 WB
Pump: D-tek Db-1
Radiator: MCR220
Fittings: BP 1/2" fittings Fat boys
Tubing: Duralene 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
Fans: Yate Loons 120mm slow
Fluid: Feser One Black Fluid

and here goes the pics:

all of my goodies

Lian Li XB01 case

D-tek Db-1 pump

XSPC Xbox 360 WB

MCR220 rad

my fans

Rad box

My new xbox 360

SWEET!! its a Jasper

unboxed

temporary setup to check if it works

120GB Hard drive prepared for the lian li

DVD drive silenced

vibration absorption material installed

Continued on the next post

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
back to WC

installed rad box

RAD ready

holes drilled

pump installed

close up

view from the other side

prepped and ready

installed

its ready

the whole setup is ready and working

close-up on the rad installation

close-up on the pump area

overview of the whole system

now I work on my Top panel

cut out my window

made my fan holes

installed my window and fan grills filters and fans

top panel installed

added this nice little applique

will have a pic of where its resting place is soon enough

hope you all enjoyed

·
Premium Member
7,733 Posts
wow thats sweet man, they sell that case for 360 over here too, how much you pick it up for? +rep btw

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Pretty awesome, but I wish you did this with an older 360 like a Zephyr and watch it stay working for years in all it's glory.

But I'm loving that case. I was going to pick one up for my Zephyr but ended up buying a Jasper and haven't messed with it much.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You should have traded me the Jasper unit for my Launch unit... WHICH IS STILL WORKING!!

lol

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Nice work man. It came out very well. I wanted that Lian Li case, but wanted everything internal. I have had my system watercooled for a few months now, and i have not had one issue.

I installed it in my Soldam RS8 case. It is now connected to the Hydra manifold.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1
View Post

Pretty awesome, but I wish you did this with an older 360 like a Zephyr and watch it stay working for years in all it's glory.

But I'm loving that case. I was going to pick one up for my Zephyr but ended up buying a Jasper and haven't messed with it much.

The reason I got this is because my old zephyr kept messing up one thing after another... I was going to WC my zephyr but when the eject switch went out and it stopped reading a few of the discs even with a new DVD drive i said forget it because it was such a waste to spend so much on an old model when i know for sure i could spend that money on a xbox 360 arcade and i had a 80% chance of getting the Jasper so I spent my money on that

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoot2scre
View Post

You should have traded me the Jasper unit for my Launch unit... WHICH IS STILL WORKING!!

lol

ok... well my launch unit is still going pretty good in my house in the states... my elite zephyr is with my bro and my POS zephyr i have here was barely surviving so I ordered my self a new 360

Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisC
View Post

Interested in selling that new OEM 360 shell/case?

I would have been if I was in the states but since customs here in Pakistan do not allow anything to be shipped out of Pakistan that is not made in Pakistan so sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmansueto
View Post

Nice work man. It came out very well. I wanted that Lian Li case, but wanted everything internal. I have had my system watercooled for a few months now, and i have not had one issue.

I installed it in my Soldam RS8 case. It is now connected to the Hydra manifold.

Yea I wanted everythign internal aswell but i really didnt feel like getting a case just for this... but if I ever do end up making an mini ITX HTPC then out goes my PC in my Cosmos S and in goes my sweet 360
lets see how it goes
thanks for all the replies guys

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Wow nice work
Looks awesome

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgg123321
View Post

Wow nice work
Looks awesome

Thanks alot for the kind words

Quote:

Originally Posted by cltitus
View Post

looks nice but i would have tried to modify the case and fit the rad inside

yea that was my initial plan but thats ALOT more work than i was willing to put in cutting a window out putting some fans there was easy to and made it look cool... its CRAZY hard to have it all internal the box looks bigger than you think its actually not that big you can compare is to the MCR220 behind it its just slightly a bit wider than the MCR220's height and having that internal would have been awesome but I am currently using a separate power supply with a jumper on it so as soon as i turn the on switch it starts to work... thats just for now... once I feel like it again I will integrate it all into one piece
and then hopefully it should be good or I can always set a relay up and have that relay turn my PSU on everytime my xbox turns on... ALOT of options im just lazy

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by P£P§!
View Post

if that was released as stock id buy it!!, good job man

so would i bro... so would i
atleast it would run cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson2011
View Post

That thing is huge

its about two regular 360s stacked not bigger than that and it really is running cool the block runs about 6C above ambient idle
and while in game it runs around 8C above ambient it aint too bad
no RROD
yay (*knock on wood*
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten
View Post

Very nice! Give us a shot of it all plugged in and playing something!

will do it will be up soon just ultra lazy lately

thanks for looking guys

1 - 20 of 22 Posts