Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep raid 0. 6 120gig drives. I'm going to custom cables next. And thanx man!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkuatic View Post

I wouldn't necessarily call this a build log.
its not finished doing custom cables next. I ordered mdpc sleeving and I'm waiting on that right now and I'm replacing the ek rad for an aquacomputer airplex.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would have kept the CPU and GPU in separate cooling circuits. That way upgrading parts or replacing defective compents in the future will be a lot easier to deal with. Part of the reason I refuse to go to liquid cooling on my graphics cards is because of the sheer asspain it is to deal with the waterblocks and cooling circuits required. I might reconsider watercooling them in the future once watercooling circuits become more user friendly. Add that to the fact that I upgrade my CPU, motherboard, and GPUs at least once every 12-18 months doesn't make watercooling such an attractive upgrade for me either...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsarmy View Post

Yep raid 0. 6 120gig drives. I'm going to custom cables next. And thanx man!
You are going to need a RAID card to run six SSDs in RAID 0 as your motherboard can't support that many drives in a RAID configuration. Which PCI-E RAID card do you plan to use?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjawithagun View Post

You are going to need a RAID card to run six SSDs in RAID 0 as your motherboard can't support that many drives in a RAID configuration. Which PCI-E RAID card do you plan to use?
I might get a raid card later. Its already in raid 0 with the 6 ssds. I just moved my main computer in to a 350d an am watercooling it.
smile.gif
.. its an x79 Mb. And I enjoy watercooling computers it add time to the build and I think looks great... but it can be a pain. I see ware ur coming from..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Replacing the ek rad!
And thanx guys
wink.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Swiftech Apogee Drive II Pump & CPU Waterblock Combo - Sockets 2011 (APD2-2011)
Koolance Dual 140mm Copper High Flow Radiator - Black (No Nozzles) (HX-CU1402V)
EK Single Bay Reservoir CSQ - Acetal Black (EK-BAY SINGLE RES CSQ - Acetal)
Ice Dragon Cooling Nanofluid Coolant White Color - 32oz
Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 240 Radiator - Aluminum Fins - Single Circuit (33006)
EK GeForce 690 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acrylic CSQ (EK-FC690 GTX CSQ)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.