Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a system for a friend with a very tight budget.
I need a Case/PSU/DVD Burner and a hard drive for ~100 any suggestions are welcome. $120 shipped is the maximum I can go.

I already have RAM, CPU, and motherboard and a HD4830, that the PSU needs to run.

On another note, what is the best price/performance DDR3 RAM?
Preferribly 2GB sticks.

Thanks!

Edit: If it's possible the case + PSU may have blue lighting + case window?

I know it's alot to ask, but might as well try

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
well you can get an antec 500w for about $50. maybe less. he does not need a case in my opinion. just toss it on some wood or something.
then you want to look around in the for sale section and see if you can find a deal on a HDD and a GPU. I saw a 8400gts in there for 25 bucks. and I bet you could find a HDD for about 30. However your gonna have to pay for shipping so start collecting cans and bottles or something lol

EDIT: also go and look at the recycling center for drives and stuff... I just found an 80gig HDD and a cdr burner today while taking back recycling

·
Registered
235 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Slipp

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would put it on a box, but he's not very computer literate and the PC will probably be moving around alot. So, unfortunately going case-less is not an option
Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it.

Edit: Thanks for the newegg links, I've had good experiences with most of those companies so those are definately an option. Might have to cut costs on the case and find a cheap HD though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm... that looks nice.
Will have to look into it if it's still around by the time he's ready to order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.