Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone wants to buy my pc for 1k so I figured with the directx 10 cards out, I might as well take the oppertunity to upgrade. I want to go with conroe of course, and a directx 10 card. I have about 1.1k to work with... maybe a little more if it is completely nessary. So could you guys help out?

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
This is as cheap as I can get it with your requirements. I did opt for 2GB RAM. If you want to save, you could get 1GB for now, but I don't recommend it.
Total: $1,263.92

Possible savings:
RAM: 1GB - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) $114.99 (single stick for now, easy to add in the future). Saves $130.00, but I don't recommend it. Get 2GB if you want good performance from a rig like this.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
What was I thinking jumping into this thread...obviously Chozart has already built him the best pc for the price. Tough to work that budget with a 500 dollar graphics card though

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Chozarts got something, beat me to the post. =(

But id wait till dx10 actually comes out, were about 4-6months away from dx10 and alot of things arent dx10 capatable as of yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I should just get a card to hold me over until prices go down. I might have a little bigger budget then I thought if everything goes right. I'll look at your suggestions right now Chozart, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts