Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey OCN! I have finally decided to start my Build/Mod log. This build will consist of a Blue/Grey/White theme. My inspiration for this build comes from that Wolf in the banner, so let the build begin!

Main Components

~ CPU - i7 4790K - HAVE
~ Motherboard - Asus Maximus VII Hero - HAVE
~ GPU - Asus GTX 980 Strix - HAVE
~ RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133MHz - HAVE
~ HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - HAVE
~ SSD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - HAVE
~ PSU - Cooler Master V850w - HAVE

Water Cooling

~ EKWB Supremacy Evo Clean Nickel - HAVE
~ EKWB Monarch X4 Clean Nickel - HAVE
~ EKWB Monarch RAM Twin Module - HAVE
~ EKWB GTX 980 Nickel and Plexi Waterblock - HAVE
~ EKWB GTX 980 Nickel Backplate -HAVE
~ EKWB CoolStream PE 360mm - HAVE
~ EKWB CoolStream PE 260mm - HAVE
~ EK HDC Nickel 12mm fittings (x14) - HAVE
~ EKWB D5 Vario - HAVE
~ EKWB D5 X-TOP CSQ Plexi - HAVE
~ EKWB Res X3 250 - HAVE
~ EK HD Rigid Tubing - HAVE
~ Aerocool Dead Silence White 120mm - HAVE

Thank you, hope you enjoy what's coming up!!

·
RIP OCN 2018
3,124 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xioros View Post

Sub'd
Thank you
smile.gif

Small tiny update - I'm not the best at Google SketchUp, but I've managed to whip up something interesting.. Here's what it is so far.

Tubing route is still being thought of, but i almost have that figured out.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Looks promising! Sub'd
thumb.gif
Thanks!
thumb.gif

Okay I'm not sure how big I should say this update is, but I'm quite excited about it!

First off, bought myself an NZXT Phantom 820 Matt Black... For only 150 AUD.. $165 down from R.R.P!! Anyways, shortly after that I received a chunk of my hardware, so a couple of photos for that and final temporary setup until about a week
tongue.gif
Here are the pictures!

New parts!

EK Monarchy adapters

Delicious looking memory block...

EK Coolstream PE 240mm Radiator

EK Coolstream PE 360mm Radiator

Another EK product, Supremacy Evo (as you can tell I'm a HUGE fan of EK)

Degutting begins! Look at the size difference!!

Changing the PCI slot covers with the Phantom 530 ones because they look better

Much better!

All interface connections, SATA and PSU have been connected

Final temporary configuration
thumb.gif

drool.gif

Hope you liked this update! Many more like this are coming
wink.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put an order on 5 Aerocool Dead Silence Blue 120mm for the radiators, as well as the Pump, Pump Top and Fittings... All I need now is the Rigid tubing and dye, then we can really get some things going. The tubing I need is only available in one store in Australia (PLE) and the next time they restock is on the 20th of October.. *cries*

On a good note, the Reservoir came in!

Next update when either the fans or next bulk come through
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

That is one hell of a lot of sweet water--cooling kit!
thumb.gif

Are you planning to put in a midplate?
Yea it's going to have a nice even bend, get a G1/4 tapped in with my drill so I can lead a hard tube there with easy maintenance, without having to take the whole tube off to remove the shroud. It will cover the bottom portion to hide the pump that's going under. Will be drilling ventilation holes in a stylish pattern to allow ventilation.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER XD View Post

Yea it's going to have a nice even bend, get a G1/4 tapped in with my drill so I can lead a hard tube there with easy maintenance, without having to take the whole tube off to remove the shroud. It will cover the bottom portion to hide the pump that's going under. Will be drilling ventilation holes in a stylish pattern to allow ventilation.
Cool. In my experience Drilling Ventilation holes with a Hand drill is an absolute pain, it's much quicker and (most of the time) Looks better to cut a big hole and cover it with mesh. Just something to think about
wink.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fans just arrived! 5 Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm fans... They look absolutely beautiful and sound even better... MOAR PICTURES!
biggrin.gif

Update on final parts, they are STILL shipping the fittings from another store, so that's not going to be long before the action starts. Tubing will either be E22 or EK HD tubing... Have to sleep on it. Not sure what the differences are, we'll see!
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a small update, the pump etc came in, but the X-TOP had a problem where the back clamp was the wrong one, so that'll be here on estimated by DHL Tuesday. That's also when the rest of the parts are coming in!! So excited. The plans I have are just crazy right now. Hope you guys enjoy what's coming thing weekend
wink.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pictures from yesterday! The grills are going to take a couple more days... Needs more sanding. But here they are without them! Got the last bits and parts for my loop so I'll be taking pictures right now!
smile.gif

Hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need some advice, should I get a GTX 970 but have to wait ages or get a GTX 690 for about $425 AUD with an XSPC waterblock + original cooler right now? Any advice is welcome, or I could settle for an Asus GTX 780 Poseidon, since it OC's well and could match up a 970, with the exception of 3gb vram.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think any of those Cards will be more than powerful enough, the 690+block sounds like a good deal if you're looking to save, but TBH if you've got the cash and a Monitor with a Resolution>1080p go for the 970!
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 97 Posts