Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ended up placing an order on the GTX 780 Poseidon... So stoked atm. OC'd it should get equal to a GTX 970 even though the GTX 970 OC'd will go even better, I feel like the hybrid design will benefit me in buying a separate block. Also, thanks to @xioros VRAM guide, 3GB should be more than enough for 1080p, and should last me until I buy a 1440p or higher monitor! Will be coming in soon, might be doing some mods in regards to the red on it, so stay tuned! Pictures of tubing updates tonight.
biggrin.gif

·
RIP OCN 2018
3,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER XD View Post

Ended up placing an order on the GTX 780 Poseidon... So stoked atm. OC'd it should get equal to a GTX 970 even though the GTX 970 OC'd will go even better, I feel like the hybrid design will benefit me in buying a separate block. Also, thanks to @xioros VRAM guide, 3GB should be more than enough for 1080p, and should last me until I buy a 1440p or higher monitor! Will be coming in soon, might be doing some mods in regards to the red on it, so stay tuned! Pictures of tubing updates tonight.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
UPDATE!

I have taken my time with the tubing to make it look the best I can, this is my first water cooling setup, and I'm diving straight into acrylic. The tubes IMO turned out pretty nicely, I will be covering the PCI and RAM slots with some white or black vinyl (maybe carbon fiber). Not sure about the VRM heatsink or the chipset heatsink, but I'll get to that soon. Here are the pictures!

New tools for the tubes!

Sexy EK HDC Fittings among other misc ones
rolleyes.gif

Taking apart the RAM heatsinks... It is a lot scarier than you'd think especially since it voids my lifetime warranty and the adhesive is so strong I thought I could have ripped of a memory chip..>_>
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Both sticks naked...

One.

Two!
tongue.gif

Added Sleeved Cable Extentions.. So sexy..

Drilling a hole for the exterior mounted 140mm filter from DEMCI to allow side panel screw to go through.

Didn't like how the rubber on the EK Supremacy Evo backplate pressured those capacitors.

Solved!

Water block in with RAM modules.

The beautiful Monarchy X4 <3

First ever successful tube done!
biggrin.gif

Doing the second tube, that angle measurement thing I drew up is sooooo useful.

Decided to use the Bitspower rotary fitting to get that tube in, didn't want to risk the tube being too short or ruining it. Looks good IMO.

Last but definitely not least... The order of the Asus GTX 780 Poseidon...

More soon! Hope you enjoy!<3

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,531 Posts
Looks delightfully tasty...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Looks delightfully tasty...
Thanks!
smile.gif

If the weather allows me, I will be respray the grills flat white with a can of Rust-Oleum Primer+Paint.

I have also been distracting myself trying to find good reservoir mounting places, and I am proud to announce my plan, and I need insight on what you guys think. I'm going to remove the hard drive bay and CD ROM bay, and replace it with a sheet of either metal or plastic, and mount the SSD and HDD horizontally, and mount the reservoir underneath. I will still have the acrylic shroud over the power supply, I will have both sketches up soon. Suggestions/criticism are welcome!

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,531 Posts
Weather is something I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck with than I will for the next few months ^_^

Looking at my own case... I think I'm going to have some of the same problems you're running into, especially since I'm contemplating putting in some 60mm thick radiators (well, 55.7mm thick overall) if possible.

I look forward to sketches ^_^

·
RIP OCN 2018
3,124 Posts
Upd4t3s?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Update!! Couldn't do it earlier, had other things + GPU came one day late, but here I am! Finally I received this beauty if a card, and I'm happy to announce it isn't a DOA
rolleyes.gif
Also, a HUGE thanks to Lauren from NZXT for supplying me with a new door hinge, as mine broke. Along with that, she sent me an ENTIRE DOOR! THank you so much Lauren:) Pictures below!

Took the old door surface off, because it is a little scratched, so why not! Also, had some spray paint done on the other one anyway, so it was a must:p

This arrived like literally after I took the picture above!

Done!

There she is...

Sooo beautiful..

Current rig setup... Yea pretty disgusting

Alive!!

EXTRA!

Unfortunately the 780 DOES have Elpida memory, so we can't expect anything amazing from that.

Next coming updates will be about more tubing or some of the acrylic work done! And also, does anyone know if I spray the red on the card if it will void the warranty?

Peace!
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Another update:D Finished one of the hardest tubes I think anyone has probably come across... 4 hours of being a perfectionist. Tears of joy sprang to my eyes as I plopped it in. I don't have the other tubes in because I plan to use my computer mean time. Beware, the tube isn't perfect
rolleyes.gif

Forgot to take pictures
tongue.gif

I am so happy it fit...

Thanks for looking
smile.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
OMG bro I live in Melbourne and am looking at buying the case. Where on earth did you get it for $150.00!!! the best I can find is $255 at PCCG

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Another Update! Almost finished tubing, waiting on a right angle fitting that should be here tomorrow, and EK's Pastel White Coolant. I have no idea why I thought blue would work, so I sold the blue Aerocool Dead Silence fans, and brought home white ones. Let me know if red would look better, from what I see now white looks pretty nice and will compliment the coolant.

Pictures!

Drilling the holes for the reservoir

Stock screw wasn't long enough, so I grabbed a spare set lying around!

Drilled new holes into the X-TOP mounting plate for sturdiness.

Cut out a nice straight tube to make sure the res has clearance at the top.

Drilled holes into the case for the pump mount

3 Layers of left over foam from the XSPC gasket for my radiators, never throw away foam! Helped line up the pump with the res and kill likeliness of vibration transfer

Voila!

Doing a couple of the tubes, I really like how the radiator one turned out!

What do you guys think about the white fans? Let me know if I should swap to red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobe13max View Post

OMG bro I live in Melbourne and am looking at buying the case. Where on earth did you get it for $150.00!!! the best I can find is $255 at PCCG
Got lucky buying it very dusty and untaken care of from some guy, took it home, cleaned her up and not a scratch!

Thanks for looking OCN, much love
smile.gif

·
Registered
922 Posts
That is one sweet looking Card, can't wait to see some benches!
That tubing Looks great too, I like the way you did it the hard way instead of just making the simplest bends possible, it really paid off!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

That is one sweet looking Card, can't wait to see some benches!
That tubing Looks great too, I like the way you did it the hard way instead of just making the simplest bends possible, it really paid off!
thumb.gif
Thanks Bruce
smile.gif
I have the loop filled and bleeding, pictures tonight! Turned out amazing, still waiting on one more Aerocool Dead Silent from my local PC store to arrive, cut the side window and get the SSD/HDD mount done. I also re-done the GPU tube, for 2 reasons, it broke on me and was so ugly it ruined the entire look. Cya soon!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Huge Update!! Got the system prepped and filled her up! Looks absolutely amazing. Pictures!

The Radiator > GPU tube snapped on me, or maybe I was being a bit rough with it to give me an excuse to make another
wink.gif

New and improved, without a crease and restriction!

It doesn't end here, overclocking and temps are coming soon. NZXT confirmed in 1-2 weeks they will send me new grills over, so another thanks to Lauren for putting up with my non sense. Still need to cut the side window and insert real glass, and get the mounting done for the SSD and HDD. All coming soon! Not bad for a first time water cooler
thumb.gif

·
RIP OCN 2018
3,124 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey all! Done some gaming/benchmarking and I quite like the results! The overclock on my GPU is quite nice, the core reached 1202MHz at 1.212v in PrecisionX (which in reality was 1.187) and the Elpida memory hit 6906MHz!! That was completely unexpected from the memory, but I shall try flashing skyn3ts bios to see what else I can squeeze out. Still overclocking CPU, but so far seems stable at 1.32v @ 4.8GHz.

For some strange reason, Fan Header 2 on my motherboard was faulty and didn't control the fan speed, so only had 3 headers for 5 fans. I really wanted to use Asus' fan control software because of how good it is, so ended up making 2 of these bad boys. All I needed was the 7v reduction cable that came with my fans (4 of them) and a little knife. Not the most professional looking, but better than waiting for an online order
thumb.gif

21 - 40 of 97 Posts