·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Sounds good (and expensive
tongue.gif
). I'm wondering how laser ruins the paint but super-high-pressure water doesn't?
It's actually cheaper than laser, but they tape off the part you're cutting, and barely any chips of paint a few millimeters within the cut will be there.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,531 Posts
With water jet it's all about the prepping. Also, when running a table, always remember z home before xy home or you'll probably break the jet that was put in a few hours ago *laughs nervously* ah, memories..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

With water jet it's all about the prepping. Also, when running a table, always remember z home before xy home or you'll probably break the jet that was put in a few hours ago *laughs nervously* ah, memories..
Ouch haha, I don't have a waterjet CNC of my own (I wish I do) but they're doing it for only $20.. The perks of being a student
rolleyes.gif
One of the most reputable places around as well
biggrin.gif

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER XD View Post

Ouch haha, I don't have a waterjet CNC of my own (I wish I do) but they're doing it for only $20.. The perks of being a student
rolleyes.gif
One of the most reputable places around as well
biggrin.gif
I don't own one... That's a memory of a job I used to work at years ago, and it was the second day on the job. They gave me a bit of a tongue lashing, but it basically ended with "and that's why you z home before doing anything" in combination with how the first one's free . $375 CAD jet killed after three hours of use and they usually lasted 6-7 days.

They were happy my first instinct to try and fix it (once I'd realized what I had done) was to reach for the estop button to try and save it - sadly I was 0.5 seconds too late, but I reacted correctly!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

I don't own one... That's a memory of a job I used to work at years ago, and it was the second day on the job. They gave me a bit of a tongue lashing, but it basically ended with "and that's why you z home before doing anything" in combination with how the first one's free . $375 CAD jet killed after three hours of use and they usually lasted 6-7 days.

They were happy my first instinct to try and fix it (once I'd realized what I had done) was to reach for the estop button to try and save it - sadly I was 0.5 seconds too late, but I reacted correctly!
Ouch.. We all learn from our mistakes right..? Right??
rolleyes.gif
But I'm really hyped to finally get the window done...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Well it's finally time, I finally got to the Waterjet CNC, programmed it, and got it cut. I haven't seen the final result, because they couldn't get it done in time. So tomorrow or the day after I will receive it in the mail, and I hope it turns out well (and they didn't drop it D: ) but I'm extremely excited to see the final result. Enjoy these pictures while we wait
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Update! No pictures yet, but unfortunately I have found cracks in the tubing
frown.gif
So I don't trust acrylic tubing anymore. Usually I would just go to PCCaseGear and buy tubing, but they don't have the EK PETG tubing... That's a huge shame because now I can't afford to buy new fittings for Monsoon or Primochills PETG tubing. Advice would be great
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Update with pictures! I got the u-channel rubber (finally found a place that sells it) and got the edges covered up. Still need to order the glass, and I also grabbed myself an Asus GTX 980 Strix. Beautiful card, so far I managed to get the core to 1486MHz, and the memory is still going but so far it's at 8116MHz. Not to impressed on the core OC, but I'm trying to see if that can go higher. Here are some pictures!

Still need to get a waterblock for this baby. Till then
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Hey all, I know I haven't posted in a while but I buffed up on my camera skills and upgraded to X99, although these photos here aren't the best. Found a deal for 2 week old i7 5820K, 16GB 2400MHz HyperX fury DDR4 RAM and an X99S SLI PLUS. Bad thing. The motherboard was actually broken and the person offered cash in difference back for the board. So I bought the Asus X99-A and it's coming probably by Wednesday or Thursday, so I'll have more pictures on that by then, but here's some of the ones I got so far.

I pretty promise better pictures within the week, thanks for looking!

·
RIP OCN 2018
3,124 Posts
Jow dwag, how's your build progressing?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts