Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, So this is my build/picture log that I should have made last month

Well here goes.

I'll start with the Boxes. The only way I was getting or build a brand NEW COMPUTER is if I saved and got piece by piece slowly. It took about 2-3 months to complete the build in all.
I know it sucks having all new goodies and not be able to play with them

I seem to have deleted the picture of my E6420

That's OK here is the 8800GTX, Case fans and DVD-RW drive

And now lets get started.

I wanted to make sure I applied the As5 right. Gut feeling I guess and look what I found two days later when I was re-seated my BT

I think I did something wrong

Ahh Much better.

Sorry about those pictures I don't know what the camera was thinking.

The RaptorX didn't work out mounted in the "blow hole"

The Hdd cooler

The MESS! I have more pics of the mess somewhere. I'll dig them up soon.

I hope you have enjoyed it so far

More of the final product soon.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
WOW, that looks great, im starting to build mine to, but might go after the case u got instead of the aurora, where and how much did u get that coolmaster case for

also, im new at building, not really sure wat ALL parts and compnents I need, if u dont mind, can u take a look at my Porject - the "Project: Aurora" link below, and tell me the compnents u got that are not on that list (ie. 120mm fan; did u need any power tools to connect parts? etc.)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by not2bad
View Post

Nice cabling, very clean. Good job man!

Thanks. I tried my best with the wire management.
After looking at the members Gallery over and over again. I didn't want a big mess

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade007
View Post

WOW, that looks great, im starting to build mine to, but might go after the case u got instead of the aurora, where and how much did u get that coolmaster case for

also, im new at building, not really sure wat ALL parts and compnents I need, if u dont mind, can u take a look at my Porject - the "Project: Aurora" link below, and tell me the compnents u got that are not on that list (ie. 120mm fan; did u need any power tools to connect parts? etc.)

Of course, I'll be glad to help out. I'll Pm you to continue this.

Thanks for looking guys

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
im worried about getting the same case now because of all the vents/openings, won't alot of dust and debris come into the case, wat are your temps lik inside, was it worth the money?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
thats an unbelievable first build, wish i could conjure up enough money to do that, would you mind telling me how much all your parts cost? id love to know!
do the fans make much noise? im running a thermaltake xaserIII case with 7stock fans, it sounds like a jet, btw, i wouldnt advise that case to anybody, so heavy, sucks when you have to tweak anything inside

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly, I was on a huge Sale run for about 2 months.

There was a local Compusa going out of business or shutting down. It bought my PSU there, Awesome deal I paid $127 After taxes.
And I bought my Big typhoon for $33. Along with my X-fi with at the time was a good deal at $130.
And my Stacker was $200.

They hade the Evga680iA1 But someone bought it before me. I had to wait 2 weeks before I had the cash

I make friends easy

Especially when you walk into a store to drop $$$.$$, anyway I got hooked up with a bunch of employee discounts

I bought my RaptorX from Bestbuy on sale for $180. Also from Bestbuy I got my G15 for $60 and mouse I forget how much the mouse was, it must have been cheaper...
And my Samsung 226Bw. Long story why I went with a retail store rather then Newegg. ( I love to return things
)

The rest I basicly had to order off Newegg at full price. The Mobo, Cpu and Ram was in one order. And my second order a month later was the 8800 Gtx and case fans. ( I think I want to sell the GTX
)

Well I think that just about sums it up Lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BombF1rst View Post
Honestly, I was on a huge Sale run for about 2 months.

There was a local Compusa going out of business or shutting down. It bought my PSU there, Awesome deal I paid $127 After taxes.
And I bought my Big typhoon for $33. Along with my X-fi with at the time was a good deal at $130.
And my Stacker was $200.

They hade the Evga680iA1 But someone bought it before me. I had to wait 2 weeks before I had the cash

I make friends easy

Especially when you walk into a store to drop $$$.$$, anyway I got hooked up with a bunch of employee discounts

I bought my RaptorX from Bestbuy on sale for $180. Also from Bestbuy I got my G15 for $60 and mouse I forget how much the mouse was, it must have been cheaper...
And my Samsung 226Bw. Long story why I went with a retail store rather then Newegg. ( I love to return things
)

The rest I basicly had to order off Newegg at full price. The Mobo, Cpu and Ram was in one order. And my second order a month later was the 8800 Gtx and case fans. ( I think I want to sell the GTX
)

Well I think that just about sums it up Lol

Dude, don't sell the GTX to get a 2900, wait until the next generation of cards come out... Also I have those same rosewill fans - those things are great for a cheap pos fan.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtpuser
View Post

Dude, don't sell the GTX to get a 2900, wait until the next generation of cards come out... Also I have those same rosewill fans - those things are great for a cheap pos fan.

What would give you that idea?

I'd sell it for a few reason... but that wouldn't be one of them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.