Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stonking huge cases!
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lil backstory.......I like snow leopards and Lilac/Purple..........Also stonking great big cases.

I will very likely end up having a perspex side to the XL R2 case so that the OCD levels of tidy cables can be seen........and the purple RGB

Spec
Processor - Ryzen 2700X
Memory - 32GB DDR4 3000mhz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB x 2
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Storage - Crucial 1TB NVME M.2
Graphics - Palit Geforce 1660 StormX (its teeny!)
Case - Fractal Design XL R2
PSU - Corsair HX1050
Cooling CPU - Stock Wraith Prism for now
Cooling Case - 3 x 140mm Fractal Design

This is an upgrade of my old machine that was in the case prior which was the Intel 4690K, Corsair H100i, Z97-HD3 mobo, 4x4GB DDR3 1600, 500GB SSD,2 TB HDD and ALOT of dust......also horrific cable management.

During cleaning, babywipes are very handy for wiping down the inside of the case, can get into all the corners and dries fast as its very little wetness.

Will replace the rubber cable tidy/hiding gromets with the ones out of one of my other Fractal cases so the ones in this build look better, this case is about 7 years old and the rubber has been constantly pushed the same way with cables.

Majority of the work was all done yesterday when the parts arrived, CPU was an off ebay job as I wanted a cheap CPU for the time being so I can upgrade to the 4xxx or 5xxxx when they come out in a few years.

My very old and bought off here Purple and White extensions for the PSU

·
Stonking huge cases!
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more of the pics during the build so far.

First PC with RGB stuff........this is gonna be fun and key to the look of this build.

Before removing the drive cages

With the drive cages now removed.

PC is now in a running state though I am waiting for some sleeving, cable combs, thumbscrews and a few other bits to turn up to tidy up the cables, am also waiting for price back on a piece of perspex cut to size for a side panel which will then have some probably black vinyl covering the 5.25" bays with text in the area backlit and saying SNOW LEOPARD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts