Overclock.net banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Robotic Chemist
3,886 Posts
I use QD4 quick disconnects... properly lazy. Cutting and bending tubes every time? :oops:

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,799 Posts
I use QD4 quick disconnects... properly lazy. Cutting and bending tubes every time? :oops:
Seriously. I'm not going to go through the hassle of hard tubing so I can post pics of my rig in internet forums.

·
WaterCooler
4,345 Posts
Seriously. I'm not going to go through the hassle of hard tubing so I can post pics of my rig in internet forums.
The vain part of me wants to try it once. I really don't swap parts out for years.

Edit: Also fully agree with your signature.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Easy way to clean a monoblock is don't buy one. Single blocks are way superior and if you really need to cool your VRM then buy a better MB that has overkill VRM that doesn't even need the heatsink they come with.

·
WaterCooler
4,345 Posts
Easy way to clean a monoblock is don't buy one. Single blocks are way superior and if you really need to cool your VRM then buy a better MB that has overkill VRM that doesn't even need the heatsink they come with.
Agree with the sentiment. But would still need to clean out the CPU block with this dirty ZMT gunk.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,321 Posts
Yeah have a couple of them on my wall of shame. I tired the one for the R6EE and it does a very good job at cooling the VRMS, problem is it sucks horrendously at cooling the CPU. Tried the one for the R6E and same thing but not as bad. Found the best solution is if you are going to watercool VRMs use a different block. That worked very well on my old R6E.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hardline isn't just for vanity and looks do, it's also to achieve great temps. I find myself cutting little corners here and there when using soft tubing, but I'm dead serious about any petg/acrylic run, probably because the result is dead components when done wrong haha

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Hardline isn't just for vanity and looks do, it's also to achieve great temps.
Please explain this. By reading this you’re implying those who use soft tubing don’t get as great temps?

Tubing is tubing, it has no effect on your temps.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Please explain this. By reading this you’re implying those who use soft tubing don’t get as great temps?

Tubing is tubing, it has no effect on your temps.
Sure, I mean that hardline isn't just for looks, it also contributes to healthy temps. I guess I should have been clearer in that this was a general statement, not related to soft tubing. I have also had great success with soft tubing :)

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Sure, I mean that hardline isn't just for looks, it also contributes to healthy temps.
I’m still confused. How does it contribute to healthy temps compared to any and all other tubing?
It offers no other benefits over other tubing. So what else is it for if not for looks? Only other benefit I can think of it you can do tight bends but that can also be achieved with fittings so brings us back to being all about looks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Maybe it's todo with the tubing I've worked with in the past, but I found there was always more "debris" in my soft tubing loops. Not to the extend that it kills the temperatures, but to the extend it was kinda worrying for general loop health. With hardline I have had no staining, or any of that "debris" I mentioned. That has been my experience, but there are many different soft tube materials. I have used Tygon and EK before(EK was thick outer wall and really had to work with).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So uhhh...I'm at a standstill cause I can't manage to get the O Ring to stay in place to be able to screw back onto the monoblock? Any suggestions? So ****ing lulsy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Robotic Chemist
3,886 Posts
I recently had to do that too.

I kept poking it in until it suddenly stayed in place. I think it was about getting the kink back in the same spot and the twist correct in the o-ring. I held the kink in with one hand while trying to get the two ends in with the other.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,799 Posts
Any suggestions?

Put the heatsinks back on the VRM, buy an Optimus, TechN or Heatkiller CPU block and hang the monoblock on your wall of shame? That would be my direction. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Put the heatsinks back on the VRM, buy an Optimus, TechN or Heatkiller CPU block and hang the monoblock on your wall of shame? That would be my direction. ;)
Honestly I'm going that route. The O-Ring got cut (my cat managed to find it on my table) and I just thought it's too much of a pain to deal with lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just wanted to update the people that helped. It took a while but I did get all the build up out. After my cat made the executive decision to do away with the monoblock I got a Corsair block from Microcenter for the time being and if I wanna swap for another one I'll do it in the future but just needed something for now to get the system back up and running. Rinsed everything out including the radiators because it did have some white stuff in it as well. So far so good, and thank you all so much for the help!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts