Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I know it's a little early to think about this but I'm thinking of building a new PC for Windows Vista
(when it comes out not the torrent versions) I have been doing some reading on what it will take to run the new OS
and get best results like video cards, RAM etc...etc but I want to build a system that will take what ever I throw at it
I would like to use an Intel processor and system board or a board that is better I really don't want an use AMD processor
not because of anything bad I just have had great luck with Intel as far as being a workhorse and I don't really have to worry
about a heat problam as much, I know this sounds silly but the PC I am using now is one I built about a year or so ago and it has what
I thought were the best components on the market at the time and with a lot of advice from folks on this website it turned out to be
a monster of a computer, but the next one I build I want it to be Shall we say a "BEAST" I do this as a hobbie and I know its sounds
abit crazy, and like I said I know it's a little to soon to think about this because components seem to get better and faster daily,
now that I've finished rambling on what I would like to know is what would yall do if you were going to build a computer that would
do be a "BEAST" would you go with 64bit or 32 bit 1000s of megs of RAM etc..etc, I figure if Vista is supposed to be the next
generation in Operating Systems then why not build the next generation PC, so any input will help, and again thanks for all the
help in the past, because when I build this "BEAST" I'm sure I will need you're help again, and I hope everyone is having a good
and will continue to have a great 2006.
NoSpark3

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Well for me im saving for a new rig for vista to, its going to be socket AM2, new from AMD, and a DirectX10 Video card that comesz out with vista.....and 2GB of DDR2, 100GB HDD SATA......a 3500+ processor or higher will be fine for a the CPU

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
If you're going Intel look no further than my rig specs below, this machine is an absolute beast, you could save money by getting a 920 Presler instead (2.8GHz) obviously you won't need a 7900GTX (though a DX10 graphics card would be nice, not out yet). If you're really made of dough you could go for an Intel Pentium D 965EE
total waste IMO, that CPU is 3.73GHz (266x14) while mine is overclocked to 4.006GHz (266x15) and mine costs 1/4th as much.

EDIT/// Supposedly all 975x mobos made after December can support the new Conroe CPUs and I THINK mine was made after December (bought it March 10) so I'm hoping I can grab an E6700 Conroe.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
look no further than MY pc. lol

i got the betas, and it runs smooth like a water buffalo through cream cheese. (how much time did you spend thinking about that)

btw, why does your post look like this:

"
------------------------
---------
-----------------------
--------
------------------------
---------
------------------------
"

·
Banned
157 Posts
if u have an insane buget here is my recomindation. for the CPU get the most high end conroe i think it's 3.0GHZ or 3.2 GHZ not sure. 2-3 GB or OCZ RAM. an ASUS deluxe mobo. two 74gb rapters in RAID 0. And one 250-300 HD. Cooler master stacker

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119103

For the video card i sugest u go with the 7900gt's in SLI. If u want to save space and not get the 7900gtx with it's enourmous cooler go with the EVGA 7900gt signature series

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32016

that is the review. It is probably as fast as if maby alittle faster than the GTX when Overclocked. For the cooler make sure to go watercooling.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Get the best conroe. 4GB of ram, a good mobo (not good with mobos), dual or quad 7950X2, 2x 750gig hdds and 2x 150gig raptor 15000rpm monsters, 1kw PSU, and you should be good.

·
Registered
107 Posts
sound to me as if u want beast pc means u got big money bag

if ever want 2x GPU, and if u sticking with intel, might as well look early into nvidia since to this point, i dont see ATI got crossfire-ready mobos for dual core intel platform.

i think nvidia nForce 4 is compatible with vista and also some mobos of nvidia support 64-bit, iirc all P5 series mobos are compatible with 64-bit. plus some raid-0 HDDs and 1-2 gig of ram

edit:

i was wrong, they have a few mobos with 775 socket and dual pci-e x16. my bad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts