Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here, since I know almost nothing about water-cooling. I was looking at DangerDen, and I like that store, so I was wondering if I could ask you fellas a favour. Could you please build me the best kit (selecting different parts) under $200?
I'd really appreciate it cause I'm not that good with the compatibility issue

Thanks in advance!

PS: I don't want to cut my case so please do not include that option and I'd like to make everything fit inside it.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
well, i'm doing a DIY kit myself:

http://www.customaquatic.com/customa...=WP-TMP2100-UL pump

custom machined waterblock
tubing from a friend
radiator from autozone
clamps from where i can find them
fans from somewhere

if you really want a good setup, go with the pump i mentioned above, it has a better gpm rating and is cheaper than the ehiem 1250, and its CHEAPER! also, if you have the money, go with a dangerden TDX waterblock, find tubing from mcmastercarr.com (search "5231K237" and it'll show up with the right tubing, it's 65 cents a foot too, so its cheap, go with whatever else tickles your fancy. just some things to get you started, feel free to play with the parts as much as you like

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God, I feel such a newb. You see, I really don't know anything about WC except for the components I need. Now, if I were to buy something, I would need someone to point out every little thing, from radiator to tubing, what I need to buy. It'd be easy if someone posted DangerDen links so I could take a look.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
If you want a No-Brainer pre-built, I think the Zalman Reserator looks pretty good, and plsu it gives you the option of adding on a bigger pump instead of using their completly silent system.
OR
You could just buy a kit from DangerDen, the one that outlines the components you need, then gives you the option of which Items (E.g. waterblock, Video card block, and NorthBridge block) one to pick.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll go with one of DangerDen's kits and then just upgrade it afterwards, just need to save some money, take a deep breath and go for it

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
if you go with a dangerden kit, make sure you get what you want, not something that you're going to buy parts for later on. if you don't have the greenbacks to spend it on rite now, save for it and buy the stuff you really want. i think an earlier post said youre gonna save, so save for waht you really want, not something youre gonna upgrade later on. just thougt i'd put my 2 cents worth in...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's also true, but, if I get a kit, I already know that those parts are meant to be together and besides the DangerDen Maze4 Power Kit looks good and I think I'd rather start with this and then upgrade it later IF I need or want to, cause it's the first time I'll try to build my own WC system and I'm a bit unsure about it..

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yeah that looks like a cool kit. it also allows you to upgrade to a gcard cooler later on with good head room maintained...at least that's what the site said
but yeah it looks like a good kit as far as i'm concernced

1 - 9 of 9 Posts