Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i have so far, i dont need a video card so forget about that, please suggest better parts if there are any, and i have around 30$ left to buy a HSF but i thought for 30$ i might as well stick with stock cooling and wait till i have more money to upgrade. (plus i am using my friends CPU and if i sell my current comp i need to pay him for it.)
Also does anyone know how i do a REAL post of my newegg wishlist?, on this one i kinda just screen shotted it but i have seen some legitimate looking ones.

ayxede.jpg

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
The list doesn't seem to be complete... therefore we can't judge anything. Is there a video card in that bundle? What tier? (i.e. GTS 450 tier, GTX 460 tier, ~HD 6870, etc.)
Try using firefox addon "Fireshot" to screenshot the whole page (google it)

To start with though...
-Phenom II x2 555 + ASUS M4A87TD EVO - $190 (Much better motherboard [esp. for unlocking[, same price)
-Samsung F3 1TB is much cheaper (and also ships much faster) at Superbiiz - $51.48 shipped after coupon code "HELLO2011"
-Get the G.Skill Ripjaws 7-8-7 RAM; I guarantee you these can do the same 6-8-6 settings a the OCZ -- and the PSC ICs in the Ripjaws 7-8-7 should be better than the Samsung ICs (at least that's what OCZ RAM usually has) in the OCZ; OCZ has some quality control/DOA issues and there's a bit of unclearness as to whether they still honour warranties or not since they will be no longer manufacturing any memory at end-February.
-Be sure you have the free shipping promo code on that DVD drive!

·
Registered
72 Posts
spinpoint F3 for $140???

I agree with xd

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted6;11983688
He has two in the cart.
double post
biggrin.gif

I just noticed that sorry but anyways $70, they're only £40 here ~$50-60

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_1771
View Post

The list doesn't seem to be complete... therefore we can't judge anything. Is there a video card in that bundle? What tier? (i.e. GTS 450 tier, GTX 460 tier, ~HD 6870, etc.)
Try using firefox addon "Fireshot" to screenshot the whole page (google it)

To start with though...
-Phenom II x2 555 + ASUS M4A87TD EVO - $190 (Much better motherboard [esp. for unlocking[, same price)
-Samsung F3 1TB is much cheaper (and also ships much faster) at Superbiiz - $51.48 shipped after coupon code "HELLO2011"
-Get the G.Skill Ripjaws 7-8-7 RAM; I guarantee you these can do the same 6-8-6 settings a the OCZ -- and the PSC ICs in the Ripjaws 7-8-7 should be better than the Samsung ICs (at least that's what OCZ RAM usually has) in the OCZ; OCZ has some quality control/DOA issues and there's a bit of unclearness as to whether they still honour warranties or not since they will be no longer manufacturing any memory at end-February.
-Be sure you have the free shipping promo code on that DVD drive!

Thanks for the advice and most of it is really good, except that i have 2 F3's in my cart not just 1. And i already have a video card here.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Alright, just to let you know some prices have now changed (i.e. F3 1TB is now $54 after a promo code).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts