Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wanting to build a new computer for under $400 not including the monitor or keyboard/mouse/speakers i would like to stay away from celerons if possible but i havnt used ne of the new celeron d so i dont know if they are ne good this computer will not be used for gaming it will mainly be used to get on the internet and photo editing.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The Celeron D are good... They just have a smaller cache than the Pentiums. 300 series Celerons are the lesser version of the Pentium 400 series.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You aren't gonna have much luck staying away from Celerons if you're trying to get the whole rig for $400. Infact, I can only really offer eMachine or Dell solutions for your quest.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Yeah, that's gonna be tough.........

Case - $42.99

P5P800-MX Motherboard - $67

2.66Ghz P4 Prescot - $111

512MB PC3200 DDR Memory - $44

Seagate SATA 120GB Hard Drive - $85

LiteOn Combo Drive - $29.99

TOTAL - $379.98

Best I can do..........with tax and shipping, might go a little over. If your budget is a FIRM $400, you can go with a Celeron instead,

2.66Ghz Celeron D Prescot - $78

The only major difference is L2 Cache, 1MB for the Pentium, 256k for the Celeron.

This will change your pre-tax/shipping total to $346.98.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.