Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on creating a simple website to build on my skill set since I'm lacking web development experience. I know HTML, CSS, some javascript, SQL..etc...i'm sure some php is probably needed for this simple project.

I want the user (client) to be able to enter data through either forms or drop-down lists on a certain part of the website, then on another tab open up information about their current inventory that they just added.

I've pretty much built the front-end, i just need to understand how to store and extract the information to/from the database whenever requested by the user...any tutorials for recommendation (link)? What do you all recommend for a free database? Also, this is not going live on the internet...this is just for me only.

Thanks OCN.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfbumb View Post

I'm planning on creating a simple website to build on my skill set since I'm lacking web development experience. I know HTML, CSS, some javascript, SQL..etc...i'm sure some php is probably needed for this simple project.

I want the user (client) to be able to enter data through either forms or drop-down lists on a certain part of the website, then on another tab open up information about their current inventory that they just added.

I've pretty much built the front-end, i just need to understand how to store and extract the information to/from the database whenever requested by the user...any tutorials for recommendation (link)? What do you all recommend for a free database? Also, this is not going live on the internet...this is just for me only.

Thanks OCN.
This will show you all the basics you need. It relies on you knowing Python. (note: it's all free)

When you finish the course and want to make the website on your own server, use Flask.
https://www.udacity.com/course/cs253

If you don't know python, they also have a course to help you learn.

https://www.udacity.com/course/cs101

1 - 2 of 2 Posts