Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys!
Here is another project that I’ve been planning to build since the midwinter time due to lack of spare-time. The components have been laying around for months now. I’ve had enough to stare every single day to them, lol. So I decided to begin at least with a build-log. And off course appreciate your opinions.
To be honest, I was quite unsure and on debate between x299 or x399. And I ended up with Threadripper 1950 X and Asus Rog Zenith Extreme.
Anyways, let’s dig in it and see what it’ll come out of it.

"THE REDRIPPER"

COMPONENTS:

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X (16-core/32-thread) Desktop Processor

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME sTR4 AMD X399 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Extended ATX AMD Motherboard

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FOUNDERS EDITION, 11G-P4-6390, 11GB GDDR5X

RAMS: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

SSD: Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD, Kingston HyperX Savage 480GB SSD SATA 3 2.5

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W, Fully Modular

CHASSIS: JONSBO MOD1 XL Semi-open frame chassis.

SLEEVED PSU CABLES: Shakmods.

WATER COOLING PARTS:

PUMP: Barrow D5 PWM 17W + Byksi pumptop&cover.

GPUBLOCK: Barrow Gtx 1080 Ti FE /Titan X(P) RGB Waterblock

MONOBLOCK: Bitspower Asus ROG Zenith MonoBlock RGB-Nickel.

HARDTUBES: Monsoon PETG Hardline Tube 1/2 x 5/8 Clear 4x pack (90cm).

FITTINGS/ADAPTERS: Monsoon Hardline Economy Compression Fittings, 1/2" x 5/8" 6-Pack (2x red # 2x black packs) with etched logo of my first letters (AK).

RADIATORS: Barrow 2x 360mm x 27mm fullcopper radiators.

ADAPTERS: Barrow 2X 45 F-M, 45/90° degreese adapters and extentions.

TEMPSENSOR: Barrowch Digital Temp sensor

FANS: Enermax UCTBRGB12 BP7 or Aigo aurora 120mm RGB, TT-riing 120mm fans?

AK ACRYLIC DISTRIBUTION PANEL

COOLANT: Primochill VUE Razer red

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had no idea with what kind of paints to come up with. Did i even need to paint that aluminum brushed authentic case at all? Well, after making a few extra holes on fan holes (expanded a few mm) in front i had to recover it somehow. Then something more complicated came to my mind.

Anodized Color coat, Granite Stone paint, Matt black paint and off course primer.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's time to assemble all other components to the motherboard and then install it to the chassis. But, before that i need to deal with the bitspower's monoblock. Approximately all bitspower's acrylic water blocks are quite unclear/blurry. Decided to polish it with auto' headlight polisher and here is the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up next there comes the installation of the processor, monoblock, m.2 SSD&DIMM.2 adapter and DDR4 memories to the motherboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just on debate again to decide to get which kind of m.2 heatsink for that Samsung 512gb 960 pro m.2 . I have noticed that ADATA has an extra-ordinary Semi-passive RGB M.2 heatsink with 50mm fan.

Since ADATA hasn't explained the exact cooling capacity of the XPG Storm (it only says it makes SSDs 25% cooler, and it's not the exact value). EKWB claims that a passive heatsink can reduce temperature by 8-10°C, or even more with appropriate airflow. Since the XPG Storm has its own fan, i would expect it to perform a bit better than passive heatsink-coolers (15-20c cooler). Meanwhile, the 50mm tiny fan runs with 16,500 RPM :). And noise-level is 25 dBa, which is quite noticeable. But, as you see the heatsink is quite thick and it covers motherboard's 24 pin socket. So, i think i'll have to pass this one for now, even though it hurts to not be able to use it.:(.

In this case, it seems like i should go this time with EKWB's passive heatsink.

ADATA XPG Storm RGB M.2-2280 SSD

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was thinking to make a DIY back-lighting-backplate with 3mm acrylic before i install the gpu waterblock. Unfortunately i couldn't use this also with Zenith Extreme because of the distance between PCI-X16 and the DIMM-slots/AIO-shield is too short. And, i have noticed that after i sticked all together:(. Anyways, after all struggles, i decided to go without back-light this time . But, will let you see the process of the "making of " it and final result(s). Additionally, the "Jonbso" logo was also too borring. I found also a solution for that:).

The acrylic i used with backplate and chassis fron logo-plate 3mm thick. I used 800mm sanding paper to make the sharp edges. For the adhesive vinyl stickers i used Silhouette cameo vinyl-cutter. For the good reflecting light i used additionally clear acrylic and also white adhesive vinyl at the backplate, a black vinyl for to dimming the flowing lights and 30cm length of rgb led-strip.

Finally went with old-school style and painted the rear of the backplate with red spray. Well, to be honest , it doesnt look that bad either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Hello, I need to ask something about Jonsbo MOD1 case.

Is it possible to fit 50mm radiator thick+ 25mm fan on bottom or top because motherboard tray.
Or I need to change to thinner radiator. Problem is because I have fans for such thick radiator GRT 360.
I'm not sure how fast fans work on thinner radaitors, probably more noisy.

I need fast this information.
That's size I need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts