Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is my prediction....bulldozer will in actual fact beat sandybridge, before anyone says it...im not an amd fanboy, i actually have never owned an amd processor, but have read some very interesting things about the bulldozer and am excited to see what its like, i was literally on the verge of buying an i5 2500k but....have decided to wait and see what amd's offering will be like

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith123;12047987
ive read a few things that said it was supposed to be 50% faster than an i7
Rumors and wishful thinking at this point. Show me the chips and the benches and I'll believe it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka;12049639
Rumors and wishful thinking at this point. Show me the chips and the benches and I'll believe it.
Just rumors but I heard from a reliable site (forgot the name, its in the latest industry news thing) that AMD held a conference of some sort with its partners and released some tech specs, which in turn were 50% faster than i7's.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranx;12049678
Just rumors but I heard from a reliable site (forgot the name, its in the latest industry news thing) that AMD held a conference of some sort with its partners and released some tech specs, which in turn were 50% faster than i7's.
Seeing as how Sandy is only 10% or so faster than Nehalem by and large...I don't believe that at all.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I am hoping bulldozer will shock everyone and be the super chip everyone wants it to be.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka;12049716
Seeing as how Sandy is only 10% or so faster than Nehalem by and large...I don't believe that at all.
So because its not your favorite company you don't believe it? lol. Just give it a chance.

·
Registered
782 Posts
We're all going to have to wait and see but I'm sure AMD will offer good value and competitive prices like they have in the past. Die shrink and smaller manufacturing process and some other new innovations could result in significant performance increases for BD. Intel are moving fast and doing really well with SB and IB and will be hard to catch.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranx;12049767
So because its not your favorite company you don't believe it? Jeez just give it a chance.
No because AMD has yet to compete with Nehalem. Skipping a generation is incredibly unlikely IMHO. I also remember the disaster that Phenom I was.

BTW-my last rig was a 1055T that I moved as it didn't fold as well as I wanted. I buy what performs. Brand favoritism has nada to do with it.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed117;12049829
to bad i just build a thuban rig not to long ago lol. i doubt it will be faster then sb
tho it may be on par with the i7s
BD is still 4+ months away, presuming no delays.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
I hope Bulldozer is awesome. DRM integrated onto the CPU, and paying extra for a K series just so you can overclock is a grim future for computer hardware.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Get serious if it's on par with 1366 i7s no one will buy it. It will have to compete with SB or be faster or it will be a massive disappointment.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Ahh, this kind of thread will only spread more speculation and flame wars. How about we just wait until we see some benchmarks, then talk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3;12049855
I hope Bulldozer is awesome. DRM integrated onto the CPU, and paying extra for a K series just so you can overclock is a grim future for computer hardware.
Do your talents consist of spreading false information and not giving proof to back up your claims?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've been waiting for a while now for BD and definitely need the upgrade. I won $50 during the holiday wishlist prize giveaway and I'm antsy to put that and the rest of my new rig fund to use, weather it be SB or BD I can't hardly wait for the first wave of benches when BD is released!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts