Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm never buying a used game console again. My current PS2, which was a replacement for the first used one I bought, has troubles reading certain disks. I have problems with CD-ROM based PS2 games (Madden NFL 2002, specifically), most PSone games, and all music CDs. I've tried adjusting the laser, but nothing works. Anybody know what games PS3 will support?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
My PS2 is a little touchy these days too. SOmetimes it seems as if the laser needs to "warm up", which is ridiculous but that's the way it seems. If I just reboot a few times, any disc that wouldn't boot from a cold start will always eventually boot, and I never have any troubles with it once it's successfully booted. Weird.

I'm sure a lot of used PS2s on the market have worn parts, especially if you're getting a "bargain price". It's a bargain for a reason...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Also You can always check on ebay for a new laser. they aren't that hard to put in at all..

·
Registered
964 Posts
y dont u save yaself the hasle and buy a second hand xbox, sorry but every1 may disagree but they were very well built and OWNED ps2......i have had a few friends complain about the old "disc read error", i myself also had the problem and got soo fed up i got rid of the ps2

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve!!

y dont u save yaself the hasle and buy a second hand xbox, sorry but every1 may disagree but they were very well built and OWNED ps2......i have had a few friends complain about the old "disc read error", i myself also had the problem and got soo fed up i got rid of the ps2

Lol agreed XBOX owned PS2 something silly im pretty much every respect

·
Registered
929 Posts
How did u guys go about adjusting the laser? I had to do this recently since the PS2 I'm using wouldn't read the latest games. Just moved the gear one notch at a time and tested the ps2 in all 3 positions (flat, upside down, side) before moving on. Probably wasn't thorough enough to begin with cos by the time I got it all working it was just one notch off the original gear alignment.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
I've got the same problem. I tried fixing it according to guides online but nothing works. Even my buddy tried and he fixed his own. I don't want to pay to have it pro-fixed, when I'll be getting a ps3 anyways.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Lol agreed XBOX owned PS2 something silly im pretty much every respect

Except for some of the games.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yeah i tried out the notch thing for my old PS2 that we replacedso i could play some San An in my room, but no

Ohwell i have the PS3 to look forward to and my Playstation 1, PSONE, PS2 and PSP to play wiht until then

1 - 11 of 11 Posts