Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, how and what program is best/quickest for burning avi's/mpegs to dvds? I have like 50% of the seinfeld episodes on my computer and i put them on dvd to play on my tv but i use ulead studio 7 and its realllllllly slow so i was wondering what do you guys use or what do you guys think would be faster? Also, is DVD-R or DVD+R better? I get horrible performance using one of the discs... but if orget which one! Thanks for any help

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024

Ok guys, how and what program is best/quickest for burning avi's/mpegs to dvds? I have like 50% of the seinfeld episodes on my computer and i put them on dvd to play on my tv but i use ulead studio 7 and its realllllllly slow so i was wondering what do you guys use or what do you guys think would be faster? Also, is DVD-R or DVD+R better? I get horrible performance using one of the discs... but if orget which one! Thanks for any help

I normally use Nero for creating Video CD's. It has some greate features, like the ability to create menus.

As for the +/- issue, i think DVD+R's generally write faster (well they do on my burner), but i've never used them (coz they are more $$), so i cant vouch for them

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which ones more suited for video though? I have nero... and i saw it could make DVD's... but for some reason i didnt like it when i tried. It was a long time ago so ill have to retry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:

well i used media suite 123 its slow but they have a good plugin

·
Banned
955 Posts
the process was likely insanely slow because you were reencoding... if your talking abotu the actual burning process being slow then you should be more patient because dvds are not cds... if you have a relatively new dvd player than dont bother reencoding as it should be able to play most of the videos you throw at it

·
Registered
738 Posts
OK guys..

you all will have to give me reps points for this..

The only program you will need is DVD Shrink get it here..

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

It is the most awsome program, not only does it do the move but all the special features and add-ons. I will never use another dvd software.

To top it off it is free!! thats right Free

if you have nero installed , dvd shrink will intagrate with nero and its very simple.

Click back up then it backs up the dvd .. dvd will eject your DVD then put the dvd-r in then it will burn it.. your done and have an exact dupiclate

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Which ones more suited for video though?

Neither, they both work equally well for video, or any other data you want to store on it. The only thing that makes one format better than the other is your own DVD player. Newer DVD players can probably read any format you throw at it, but older players may be pickier. In fact, the specific brand of blank media you purchase can make a difference in older drives.

If you have an older DVD player, I would choose DVD-R. It is the older format and was readable in more drives than DVD+R back when writable DVDs were new. E.g., the main reason I have a DVD-R burner is that the older versions of the PS2 could not read DVD+R.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
It hasnt been mentioned yet that DVD-R/RW is the only official recordable DVD media. hence why -R has the dvd logo and +R doesnt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts