Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built my Intel 840EE Smithfield and it had no improvement over my P4 2.53 Northwood. After running my new rig for a month and playing around with
Win x64 it is smoking now. I run SiSoftSandra burn in and it seems even better. Now is there anything to this burn in thing? Seriously my new rig started out not so hot in Nov. 05 and now it's all I want. It flys!

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgerman

I built my Intel 840EE Smithfield and it had no improvement over my P4 2.53 Northwood. After running my new rig for a month and playing around with
Win x64 it is smoking now. I run SiSoftSandra burn in and it seems even better. Now is there anything to this burn in thing? Seriously my new rig started out not so hot in Nov. 05 and now it's all I want. It flys!

Not sure exactly what you're asking when you mention burn in. I mean, no, your processor won't "speed up" as time goes on, but it should run cooler as your paste or AS5 cures. My cpu actually required .05 less voltage to run after about 30 or 45 days of use. So yes, burnin can affect temps and voltage, but it won't change anything performance wise. (even though cooler temps will allow you to clock higher)

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
I think it's a reality. Many people have successfully increased their overclock from an apparent maximum after running at that apparent maximum for a while.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeric

I think it's a reality. Many people have successfully increased their overclock from an apparent maximum after running at that apparent maximum for a while.

Agreed, though think it bouls down to thermal paste curing time rather than a physical change in the processor. I ran stock air when i first got my proc at 2.4, the forseeable high with that setup. After a month of normal use, i was able to oc it up another 100 mhz to 2.5.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeric

Very true, I just got my 3000 DTR running at 2.7GHz a couple seconds ago (the processor is only 3 days old), and yesterday, my rig wouldent even boot up all the way at 2.7, the most I could go for was 2.68GHz. But now my CPU is at 2.7GHz 110% stable. I ran Prime95 overnight, and now my CPU OCs better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts