Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:


Apple pulled the original Siri Assistant app from the App Store today. (iDownloadBlog noticed it was gone.). Siri app has been around since last year, but now that it is now fully integrated in the iPhone 4S with improved capabilities.

For those of you who already have the Siri app, service will stop on October 15. (Bummer!)

Source

Apple being Apple
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Psykhotic
View Post

Hi, that was news 5 days ago.

I didn't see it Posted though. Or is it?

I got limited functionality on this iPod.
 

·
Skating Enthusiast
Joined
·
8,157 Posts
Keep in mind that the version of Siri available on the App Store is a stripped down version of what's available on the 4S. I don't think it's anywhere near as powerful.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom;15247442
Keep in mind that the version of Siri available on the App Store is a stripped down version of what's available on the 4S. I don't think it's anywhere near as powerful.
I guess you didn't read the article title, there no longer is a Siri app in the app store. If its not nearly as powerful why would Apple remove it?
 

·
Skating Enthusiast
Joined
·
8,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig;15247493
I guess you didn't read the article title, there no longer is a Siri app in the app store. If its not nearly as powerful why would Apple remove it?
I'm aware of that, and yes I did. I left off the "that was (available)" part, it's late. Why? Well let's see:

1) Some users might mistake (App Store) Siri for (4S) Siri and think it's not so great, and it might get negative reviews. (As has been said by another forum member.)
2) Some users might download it on their current iPhone in order to test it and see if they want to buy the 4S for the feature or might download the App instead of upgrading. And it'll run like pff.
3) Some users might pass on the 4S and settle for (App Store) Siri and be unimpressed.

Blah, blah... you get the picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
so people who don't have an iphone 4s, for example people with iphone 4, can't use siri.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,564 Posts
Sounds like Apple trying to make their investment really pay off.

Does this mean that people who already paid for the old version won't have that anymore?
 

·
Skating Enthusiast
Joined
·
8,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1337;15247979
Sounds like Apple trying to make their investment really pay off.

Does this mean that people who already paid for the old version won't have that anymore?
I believe so. The service apparently says it'll stop working October 15th.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom;15248114
I believe so. The service apparently says it'll stop working October 15th.
Wow. That's a pretty lame move if they aren't going to be allowed to use something they paid for without paying for it again.

EDIT: If it was free then it's just tough luck being on an Apple platform.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom;15248114
I believe so. The service apparently says it'll stop working October 15th.
It was a free app.
 

·
Skating Enthusiast
Joined
·
8,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonwheelz;15248171
It was a free app.
Ah, really? I didn't know that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom;15248186
Ah, really? I didn't know that.
And basically an interface to their servers and their SR algorithms never ran on the device.
So not one previous Siri user has a right to complain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
A move to give the iPhone4S another USP. Basically more reasons to try and tempt iPhone4 and previous revision owners to upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to lure people into getting the 4S.

Might work, I know people that get pretty dependent on software like Siri.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
All I saw from front page was "[Business Insider] Apple Has Already Killed" and I was like... So now people who buy prototypes get assassinated
ninja.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuell;15249308
All I saw from front page was "[Business Insider] Apple Has Already Killed" and I was like... So now people who buy prototypes get assassinated
ninja.gif
[Business Insider] Apple Has Already Killed the latest guy who misplaced an iPhone5 in a bar
 
1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Top