Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Hackers don't take a holiday, it seems.

Hours after Microsoft's Xbox Live went down Wednesday, Sony's PlayStation Network went down, too.

These are the two networks that users of consoles access to play games online. It's especially bad timing since a lot of people are probably getting new PlayStations and Xboxes for Christmas.

Like the earlier incident, the notorious hacker group "Lizard Squad" is claiming responsibility for taking down PlayStation Network on Twitter, saying it has downed both networks with denial of service attacks. That means the hacker group is flooding Sony and Microsoft's servers with bogus traffic.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/playstation-network-and-xbox-live-are-down-and-the-notorious-hacker-gang-lizard-squad-is-taking-credit-2014-12#ixzz3MwOBr2e6

I hope this gets people to stop supporting and/or defending these hacker groups. This is a whole new low. People are getting presents for Christmas and these people want to take that enjoyment away. Just awful. Hope someone does something about it.

·
Premium Member
17,348 Posts
16 year old kids didnt get what they wanted for christmas so they are ruining new presents for other people.

hopefully these tards get picked up by the feds eventually.

·
To The Game
7,674 Posts
Ah, it's just sad pathetic little people that have nothing else worth doing.

As annoying as it can be when things like this happen, there's solace in the knowledge that anyone that gets joy out of such things obviously has it a hell of a lot worse then me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Really it's all idiots of world to blame.

Last time i checked About 10% of global pc's are bot nets.
Hell even over half all the of websites visits is by bots now (look it up and be shocked)

That means small majority of idiots are letting "hackers" use there hardware as weapons.

"Botnets as a cyber weapon to carry out multiple crimes like DDoS attacks"

"very second 18 new computers worldwide are becoming apart of botnet armies, which amounts to over 500 million new compromised computers per year."

"The network of compromised systems can do a drastic cyber crime activities without the knowledge of their computer's owner. "

Lets blame the idiots of world who should not own computors or even be using one without massive lessons on how NOT to be a idiot with it.
They don't take time to care and we all suffer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970Rules View Post

Hell even over half all the of websites visits is by bots now (look it up and be shocked)

That means small majority of idiots are letting "hackers" use there hardware as weapons.

"very second 18 new computers worldwide are becoming apart of botnet armies, which amounts to over 500 million new compromised computers per year."

"The network of compromised systems can do a drastic cyber crime activities without the knowledge of their computer's owner. "

Lets blame the idiots of world who should not own computors or even be using one without massive lessons on how NOT to be a idiot with it.
Way to blame the victims. When you see a store get robbed, you should walk to the store owner and tell him he's an idiot for letting himself get robbed

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,399 Posts
That's a terrible analogy.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970Rules View Post

What's a "computor"?...and should I get one? Will it help against hacker attacks?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post

That's a terrible analogy.
No, the same arguments apply. Botnets are formed due to people getting infected by malware. Often times, the people don't know that they are getting infected by malware. They can prevent it with Internet Security.
Are you gonna tell a store owner that he should have hired private security? Or maybe he shouldnt have set up shop in a bad neighborhood? No

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
Or... I know it's crazy, but hear me out. All of the people getting new consoles for Christmas are trying to set them up simultaneously, and a hacker group is saying that they took down the network. C'mon guys, it happens every year.

·
Registered
608 Posts
These people have no life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

Or... I know it's crazy, but hear me out. All of the people getting new consoles for Christmas are trying to set them up simultaneously, and a hacker group is saying that they took down the network. C'mon guys, it happens every year.
So much for the power of the cloud
rolleyes.gif

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
The last time they did this, their message was "we want Sony and Microsoft to improve their servers." Now they are doing it "because we can lol"

Also it turns out their twitter account was deleted so it seems like they are doing this to gain a load of followers on their new account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

Didn't happen last year.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
not affecting my GFWL authentication.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Not exactly what i call hacker, not by deffinition at least. Very little skill involved in what they have been doing, just stupidity.

We can all have beef at some time in our lifes,he just needs to learn to handle this it in a better way, the world is not his enemie...just yet.
The thing about this that strikes me most is how vulnerable large corporations are. Nothing stops this yet its something that has been around for many years now, perhaps time for a rethink.

Randomly hitting out at lots of different tragets like this proves nothing at all apart from the integrity of the single person doing this.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xentrox View Post

I just don't even know who's responsible anymore... Korea, the FBI, a bunch of kids with Lizard masks?
Lizards pretending to be human children*

1 - 20 of 216 Posts