1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just happened:
Source: http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...n-january.html

Quote:

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. mobile-phone company, will start selling Apple Inc.’s iPhone next year, ending AT&T Inc.’s exclusive hold on the smartphone in the U.S., two people familiar with the plans said.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
So after the whole "droid does" campaign bashing the "idon't," they're going to get the iphone? Money talks i guess.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

So after the whole "droid does" campaign bashing the "idon't," they're going to get the iphone? Money talks i guess.

They've been wanting to get the iphone for like the past year or two. Just AT&T had exclusive rights to it so they couldn't get it.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting that this is coming direct from Bloomberg reporters... The last report where we learned about an order going out to Foxconn for CDMA phones, was from WSJ Blog post (I think). BB reporters wouldn't just throw out anything onto its newswire unless it had some cement behind it.

I AM biased on this because I work for Bloomberg...

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Something I still don't get with all these rumors (which come around every year) is that if the exclusive five-year contract with AT&T and Apple started in 2007 (when the first iPhone was launched), wouldn't that mean that the contract holds until 2012?

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I just saw this on fox news. Came here to confirm

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Ya contract with atnt is still til 2012

1 - 10 of 10 Posts