Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i spent 900 dollars pretty much buying a whole new computer. and i dont want to spend more unless i reallly should. here's what i got so far coming in the mail through newegg and ebay:

Gamexstream 600w PSU
DFI lanparty
AMD San Diego 3700+ CPU
G.SKILL HZ 2GB
BFG geforce 7600gt oc
seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive

so im pretty much set if i use my current midtower case which is in the pictures below. would it suffice? should i throw all of this in my current case and buy zalman fans for my cpu and gpu or should i buy this cooler master centurion case and leave the stock fans that come with the CPU/GPU? or should i leave the current case go with stock fans and upgrade to better case in the future? i do plan on overclocking just to have a faster computer but i dont do any intense gaming unless counter-strike source is considered intense gaming.

distant view

up close view

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Personally, while the 120 exhaust is nice on the coolmaster, I would look for something with a side panel fan, unless you are planning to mod it of course. I would also prefer to have more intake than exhaust which the coolmaster doesn't seem to have with just a single 80 up front, unless you swapped it out for a high CFM 80. Always better to have more cool air being pushed into the case as it will find ways out and should also help limit the formation of dead zones in the case.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do u recommend i buy a new case and keep stock fans for the time being? or should i stay with current case and buy aftermarket fans?

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
clean your fans dude! Those look NASTY. If those down help, new fans would be cheaper (usually). If all else fails, get the new case. Plus you'll have your nice new fans to put in it

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ View Post
get the centurion i have

1 x 120mm intake (i have another in my 5.25" bays)
1 x 120mm exhaust
1 x 80mm exhaust

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119094
i was debating between the centurion and the Antec P180. key features i like on both are they look slick.. but the centurion doesnt have a fan on the side which ppl tell me i should get.. i also like the p180 but it also doesnt have a side fan.. BUT it does have three fans.. doesnt the centurion olnly come with one 80mm intake and one 120mm exhaust?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
P180 for heat definitely. Get the p180b if you like black. The thing has an AWESOME way of managing heat. just make sure that your PSU cables are long enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts