Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know is it better to stick with my monitor or buy a new one (1440p 60hz or 1080p 144hz) ?
I have Samsung 1080p 60Hz LED.
I never had probloems with it and it is still working as when bought ?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should i Stick with my Monitor for now and buy Asus ROG PG278 in a year or two or buy now some 1080p 144Hz or 1440p 60 Hz Monitor ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would say this to anyone at this point in time due to VDU development...

Stick with what you have.

Wait for a OLED VDU that matches ur requirments and get that, it will encourage manufactuers to leave the crap that is LCD to die and finaly move on to somthing that matches or exceedes the quality of CRT and Plasma.

OLED is now very close to becoming much more mainstream available.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bears View Post

Does anyone know is it better to stick with my monitor or buy a new one (1440p 60hz or 1080p 144hz) ?
I have Samsung 1080p 60Hz LED.
I never had probloems with it and it is still working as when bought ?
Wait a few months for the new displays that are coming, they are going to be pretty crazy. See Spartan's reply below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarNova View Post

I would say this to anyone at this point in time due to VDU development...

Stick with what you have.

Wait for a OLED VDU that matches ur requirments and get that, it will encourage manufactuers to leave the crap that is LCD to die and finaly move on to somthing that matches or exceedes the quality of CRT and Plasma.

OLED is now very close to becoming much more mainstream available.
OLED is stll pretty damn far away, at least several years, from becoming mainstream/affordable. There are still some technical limitations with the technology that are costly to get over.
Quote:
This.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts